2m Hi-Start Challenge League Table (2019)

martynk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Martin. I need to fly at least once every two weeks to post a score then 😀

thank you for updating. Be great to get a few more people flying 

When you post a score, it  runs for 14 days or until the score is beaten at which point the 14 days clock starts again. Theoretically, one event could last forever if scores progressively incremented.  I was a bit lax closing down Challenge 5 as I was on holiday until Friday evening and then competing yesterday so didn't get time. The good news of course is that you are currently leading Challenge 6.

Apparently there are more people planning to take part. Hope they do so soon before Summer vanishes.

• Like 1

In terms of more people taking part, I would like to make an offer. I have a roll of 30lb Dawa Sensor monofil line which I would be happy to give away in 50 metre lengths (a bit over so you can tie knots in the ends!). So if any of you would like to have some in order to make up a F3RES bungee, let me know your address and I will send some to you. I will be away for the next couple of weeks, so please be patient! I will be able to give about 6 lengths away, for the cost of postage (which shouldn't be much). First come, first served...! :)

This format is great fun - you can get the bungee from Hobbyking, or Hyperflight (althgough the latter is currently out of stock), and the models are fun to fly and not too expensive. It would be great to see more involvement in the postal competition.

• Like 1

Great idea Paul, and thank you!

The bungees are also available on Ebay - searching '8mm 10m Latex Bungee' will find them. They are often listed as slingshot or catapult rubber.

I'm still hoping to participate again before too long - I can nearly walk again 😅 Carrying a 2m model under tension on cructhes seems a bad idea 😂

There are rumours of actual F3-RES competitons for next year too.......

Jon

• Like 1

Hi Jon

You need 6mm OD/4mm ID Latex, not 8mm.. 

Glad to hear you are getting better.  

Updated tab le as well...   Guy sneaks into the lead :)

• 3 months later...

Well the wettest Autumn on record certainly killed this league this year.  Nonetheless,  Guy B won the league so very well done to Guy. Some very respectable flights as well.

Lets hope for some better weather in 2020. Happy to rerun to the same rules unless someone else would like to take over. (Or you simply sack me  😀)

Happy New Year all you 2m RES fans  (and anyone else reading this...)

• Like 1