mtreble

Champion of Champions 2019

paul garnett

Wow..what a few days that was!! Very on and off for conditions, did enjoy the challenge though, I flew in my normal safe and reserved style and climbed to 9th, I even hit a tree on course, yes I was that low!!

Big thanks to the team for running it all, but even bigger well done to the silent assassin Mike Shellim for some excellent flying and a well deserved win.

• Like 4

Witch_1

A very enjoyable and social comp, both on the hill and in the evenings.  A pleasure to see so much great quality flying.  Jon and Mark thanks for organising. 

Thanks also to the CDs of all the winter leagues.

• Like 2

Brett82

Congratulations to the top three, it was a challenging weekend and you guys pulled off a great result. 

There was a lot of guessing of who was going to get good air but Mike S just seemed to fly well in every round. 

Thanks John and Mark for running the comp, I really enjoyed it even though I struggled and didn't fly well at all.

Nice to see everyone again. 

Brett

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

After a winter of big winds and uncomfortable days on the hill it made a nice change to have sunshine and light conditions. 

Well done Mike on a set of impressive flights today. The Striborg looked good all day as did the very tight course it was being steered around. A Well deserve win. 

Great to see Pengy and MarkR back on the hill, as it is to see our newest flier Bruce putting in some nice flights alway with a big grin on his face. 

On a personal level it was a game of two halves, and today’s half went into extra time. No complaints though , I’m happy enough  with my flying at the moment and also had a few very enjoyable flights outside the comp, working in some very nice thermals.

It was Magical after the comp today, flying in no wind  in that period in late afternoon when there is still some lift being generated from the warmer ground  and the cold air. I fully expected to have to walk down the hill, but just when I was contemplating where to land, a 10 minute slot of the best air all weekend made a fine finish to a great weekend . 

Thanks to everyone that was there, fliers friends and of course John, Mark and Rich for keeping the action flowing. 

• Like 4

f3fisa

Congratulations to Mike on his win, he flew consistently every round.

Thanks to Jon, Rich and Mark for organising

Here is a video of a frustrated Paul Garnett flying, excuse the language, 

David.

• Like 5

George Young

A very pleasant weekend. Challenging but enjoyable flying and it was great to get together with old friends and new. The Saturday curry night was memorable as were the fish and chips on Friday.

Thanks to all who ensured the weekend ran smoothly and very well done to the winners. It was fascinating to see how everyone adapted their flying style to the variable conditions.

Personally, I was fortunate to avoid too many rounds with poor air and more than pleased with my final position

• Like 1

paul garnett
9 hours ago, f3fisa said:

Congratulations to Mike on his win, he flew consistently every round.

Thanks to Jon, Rich and Mark for organising

Here is a video of a frustrated Paul Garnett flying, excuse the language, 

Haha oops.

David.

rc-soar

First a big thanks to Jon, Mark and Rich for keeping the show on the road - after the first day, I don't think many of us would have bet on getting in 8 rounds.

It was great to see such a good turnout, just a shame that the wind played a few games especially on the second day, with several pilots having to field more than their fair share of super-60 air. Mike E in particular suffered on the second day after a good lead in the first round. I was somewhat relieved to have survived relatively unscathed, and with a model which handles light conditions well - and it was nice to be on the podium in such good company :)

Looking forward to the start of the new season!

Mike

PS will post some pics soon

• Like 3

Bob Dickenson

Also my thanks to Jon, Mark & Rich ( & all the others who helped)  I had a great weekend, a bit of banter & would have loved to come out on curry night but that was never going to be allowed by herself. Enjoyed it tremendously, & even managed to make myself useful in the lost property department!

Bob

• Like 1

Jon_E
7 minutes ago, Bob Dickenson said:

even managed to make myself useful in the lost property department!

Thanks Bob, the less we say about that the better!!

Bob Dickenson

Just couldn't resist,  Jon

Peter G

I like a light wind comp, I like Whitby and I like a two day comp, especially in such good company and with the sound of steam trains in the background every now and again. A great weekend!

Sunday was pretty cruel however, or kind depending what you got. I reckon 55 seconds was about as quick as you could go in 'par' air. One of Mark R's runs was almost perfectly flown for a 55.

My last 3 rounds couldn't have gone much worse, 2nd to 6th (at the same time as Mark T went from 10th to 3rd)! But al least Liverpool were lucky on Sunday, enjoyed match of the day when I got in 😉

And you learn more when things go wrong, made a few notes to self in the last couple of days (don't say f**k or Bu**er).

Mike 'Shelliminator' Shellim flew superbly, very acurate every time I was buzzing and a well deserved win. Congratulations to the podium too!

• Like 6

Redbird

Well, I felt lucky to get into the comp and as usual it was good to see and meet new faces. Pity we only managed eight rounds but I reckon we all had a good enough challenge with the air on those. Mike Shellim was Mr Preciseandconsistent and his efficient flying shone through. Thanks to the workers running it. Roll on the first league competition.

• Like 1

Kyri

Excellent pictures!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Andy_B

some great shots as usual Mike ...😀

• Thanks 1

Brett82

Awesome pictures Mike. Was a great comp with some great friends. 

• Like 1

George Young

Your usual high standard Mike. Excellent 😀

• Like 1

isoaritfirst

image.thumb.png.8493c92c4bd23452abe3464def38cb3c.png

• Like 2