Hi from a not so sunny Devon

Nigel Castle

Nigel Castle

Getting back into flying after a break of six years, previous member, and previous member of South Cotswold Soaring Association. From Dursley, Gloucestershire originally. 

Main areas of interest are slope flying and Electric flight with several interesting models to resurrect  from the loft, need to go through all my Lipo's to see if they have survived the six year storage lay up.

Won a comp (Coventry Open) back in the early eighties and got blown away at Radio Glide in Scotland in 1983?

Would like to try and find a WildFlecken from the Seventies if anyone knows  where one might be? I had contact with a guy back in 2010ish that had a kit but lost contact with him...…... 

Phil.Taylor

Hi Foggy - welcome to the BARCS forum !

Whereabouts in Devon are you? - I'm near Honiton, East Devon.

Good luck trying to find a Wildflecken - I had one a few years ago - sold it on & the next owner folded the wings & destroyed it on a winch launch. It was good in its day back in the 1970s, but there are plenty of better options these days.

Phil.

Nigel Castle

Hi Phil,

I am up near Torrington, the Wildflecken thing is pure nostalgia, nothing more, I am sure even my foam Alula would out fly one...……… and would not fold up as easily.

Nigel (Foggy)

Nigel Castle

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the welcome, I also had a High Phase and a Proton 140 which I bought off a guy at the Radioglide event in Scotland back in '83 ish, it was a superb flyer (that's what I won the Coventry open with), mine had a Red Fuzz but met with a spectacular end on Selsley Common (Stroud/Nailsworth, Glos) one afternoon with a Radio Glitch that had it go into the ground vertically from about six hundred feet like a javelin, it had to be dug out...…good old 27Meg hey? Great on a high start and on the club winch and would float on for ever when it came to landing. 

I think you have one that's been converted to electric? I might be interested in that one if available, otherwise can you send pictures of the ones you have?

Nigel

Nigel Castle

Hi Pete,

what do you want for the AVA, again I was trying to buy a mini AVA a few years back, that would be very interesting???

Nigel

Hi Pete.

're Pike Superior. Mine came with a nice little plastic rivet thingy that you push the tail joined out with. The rivet clips in to retain the bellcrank for storage and transport. Push it out with the sailplanes joiner when rigging the model.