PeteMitchell

BARCS-BMFA F5J League 14thApril 2019 RESULTS

PeteMitchell

This first league event in the South  is open to all BARCS and BMFA members.   Scores will count towards both  BARCS and BMFA  leagues.

The competition will be run to FAI rules as amended by BMFA  for UK leagues. 

For pilots using non FAI firmware in their AMRT (Height limiting) device, these must be set to cut off at 300mtrs, and 30 seconds motor run time. Recorded launch height  must be visible to timekeeper immediately on landing., either on the device screen or via  a dedicated reader. 
An emergency motor restart may be used  in flight if necessary, but will result in a zero score for that round.

Minimum of 4 rounds to be flown ,all to count.  5 or more rounds flown, and 1 lowest score will be dropped.There will not be a fly off.

One entry per pilot either Open or 2m class models.

Entry fee £10.00 (BMFA requirement) payable on the day.
Proof of insurance (BMFA membership card) required

Book in on field 9am. First flight 10am.

Entry closes 6.00pm Friday 12th April

N.B.  The event is scheduled to be run at Little Bentley, Nr Colchester, Essex.But  dependent on weather conditions  prior to, and/or the forecast for the day, it may be necessary to change venue to Bartletts Farm at Rettendon.  As much prior notice as possible will be given.

Please enter on this thread, or pm me direct ;

• Graham Wicks
  • Garry Matthews
  • Brian Austin
  • Randy Taylor
  • Ray Gadenne
  • John Hovel
  • Simon Conran
  • David Jowers
  • Peter Ley
  • Tony Merritt
  • David Godbold
  • Steve Knowles
  • Paul Wainwright
  • Peter Mitchell

wixy

36  views but no entries ?

So here is mine .

Please include me 2.4  

Little Bentley would be my preferred venue though.

Thanks 

Graham

• Like 1

gem

Hi Peter,

Can you add me to the list please, on 2.4

Thanks

Garry

• Like 1

Buster46

Yes please Pete

open

• Like 1

EssexBOF

Open please 2.4

BARCS 230

BMFA 057851

• Like 1

Randolph T

Please add me to the list Peter.

Randy

• Like 2

Rayg

Yes please Pete, either venue.

• Like 1

John H

Pls. add me to the list.  Thanks

john h

• Like 1

Mr_SMO

Please include me too,

Simon Conran

2 meter.

• Like 1

David Jowers

Please include me, 2.4GHz, probably 2m. Little Bentley preferred.

Thanks

David Jowers

• Like 1

Kikapu

Me too please.   Open.

Peter Ley

• Like 1

Tony

Ok so dumb question time. I get e soaring for 2M, height limit. So in this comp what's the rules for 2M? I ask as I didn't think a 2M was allowed as a 2M? I only ask as David above as entered a 2M. Lot of two metres in this paragraph!

Tony

PeteMitchell

Not such a dumb question Tony.

In an  F5J competition you can fly any size model you want as long as it is within the specifications of the comp, which allows any wingspan up to 4mtr max.

There is no separate class for 2mtr models in the BARCS-BMFA National league, which this event qualifies for.

A number of pilots prefer to fly this size of model and if there is more than one  model entered ,we usually have a separate prize on the day for the 2mtr model with the  best result, irrespective of it's final position in the comp.

But for the National league, their score will be calculated in exactly the same way as all other size models.

Hope that helps.

Tony

Thank you Pete now I understand

tonym

Please add me Pete:
Tony M, 2M, BMFA 142327

For everyone coming to the polo fields at Little Bentley.

The roadworks are still on going, putting in a roundabout on the A120/Great Bromley turn-off. There is a diversion to the next turn-off (Little Bentley) so follow the diversion signs if coming from the Colchester direction, go off at the Little Bentley junction, take the next right (diversion signs should be in place), then take the next left at the small triangle which is Rectory Road (probably signed Lt. Bentley) and the field entrance is 1/2 a mile on the right. Watch out for the concrete blocks that Fred has put near the field entrance to try and stop fly-tippers - looks like concrete that has been fly-tipped! :)

If coming from Ipswich 'across country' and past my home, once you get through Little Bromley to the A120, its a dog-leg right and left across the A120 and then next right following the diversion signs until you get to the triangle junction and into Rectory Road.

• Like 2

David Godbold

Hi Pete,

please add me to the matrix. Will decide model on the day.

Thanks

David.

• Like 1

steve knowles

Hi Pete,

Please can you add me to the entry  - Open class

Steve Knowles

BARCS 608  BMFA 70799

• Like 1

Wood Gnome
On 25/03/2019 at 14:24, PeteMitchell said:

This first league event in the South  is open to all BARCS and BMFA members.   Scores will count towards both  BARCS and BMFA  leagues.

The competition will be run to FAI rules as amended by BMFA  for UK leagues. 

For pilots using non FAI firmware in their AMRT (Height limiting) device, these must be set to cut off at 300mtrs, and 30 seconds motor run time. Recorded launch height  must be visible to timekeeper immediately on landing., either on the device screen or via  a dedicated reader. 
An emergency motor restart may be used  in flight if necessary, but will result in a zero score for that round.

Minimum of 4 rounds to be flown ,all to count.  5 or more rounds flown, and 1 lowest score will be dropped.There will not be a fly off.

One entry per pilot either Open or 2m class models.

Entry fee £10.00 (BMFA requirement) payable on the day.
Proof of insurance (BMFA membership card) required

Book in on field 9am. First flight 10am.

Entry closes 6.00pm Friday 12th April

N.B.  The event is scheduled to be run at Little Bentley, Nr Colchester, Essex.But  dependent on weather conditions  prior to, and/or the forecast for the day, it may be necessary to change venue to Bartletts Farm at Rettendon.  As much prior notice as possible will be given.

Please enter on this thread, or pm me direct ;

Q

Wood Gnome

Hi Peter please  can I enter on 2m and open apologies for the late entry

• Like 1

PeteMitchell

This first F5J league competition in the southern area got off to a good start, in spite of a deceptive easterly wind.

As is usual  the pits  were sited in the lee of a bank of trees which shielded all  from the wind, and the sun warmed the area. But out on the flight line it was very cold at times. Although the wind was reasonably light through most of the day,  constant very strong gusts made conditions tricky. Deciding how much ballast was needed (or how little) was every ones problem. Too much and you risked sinking when the wind dropped and the clouds covered the sun. Too little and you risked a being blown downwind.

It was not a day for low launching, most going as near 200mtrs as they dared. Even so half of the slots were won with a flight time of 7minutes or less, and one slot was won with a flight time of 4min32sec!  An upwind treeline caused low level turbulence over the flightline and this made some interesting landing approaches. Many lost all landing points by being just a foot or so outside the circle and there were several slots where nobody managed any landing score at all.

But despite the tricky flying conditions it was pleasing that no one lost or badly damaged a model, even though Paul W did try hard to, by landing in a tree.

Very worthy winners as shown in the results below, and I was happy to get the new BARCS timer displays working well, after a few hiccups.

Thanks to all who entered and helped with setting up and clearing away. All in all a grand day out.

2019-04-14 22_13_01-Print preview.png

• Like 2