One of those days - Electrical

Tony

It started last night and continues today, so much so that I'm doubting everything that has power going through it, to it.

Had a fault yesterday on my Q12 wings, wiggled the wires looked like a signal wire loose. Strips the connection back, solder is showing signs of decay. Lets do the lot then, better safe than sorry.

Normally on a 4 pin I run the signal wires one each on the outer pins, 2 servos per wing, and double the + & -. We each have our own way. However this time I did it differently, doubled up the + & - on pins 1 and 2 then I ran a signal wire each on 3 and 4. Disaster, put them on the servo tester and everything went nuts, both servos going ballistic. Thought I'd buggered up so stripped inspected de soldered and did again same thing. Now I'm doubting the tester so tried on a single servo, perfect. No idea now what's happening so I will strip the wing and start over. Any thoughts? Could it be the servo's?

Now I'm getting paranoid so started looking at everything. Low and behold took the back off the 9D and there's a wire loose on the + on the replacement 2.2 lipo battery I installed last year.  Now re crimped and liquid tape applied so it's going nowhere . Ok so I need to chill, I'm flying tomorrow I've 2 models ready so check them over just to be sure. Let's try a 3rd one that I've been setting up, e soar v3,  no power for God knows what reason! Cup of tea and a hob nob time and reflect on the world in general lol

Cheers, Tony

> Let's try a 3rd one that I've been setting up, e soar v3,  no power for God knows what reason! 

Check the output of CH7 in the channel monitor screen. That'll at least tell you if it's the ESC, or something in your setup.

- Mike

[edit: on second thoughts, not sure if you meant no motor power - or no battery power.]

Woe and more Woe the God's have certainly tested me this week. Swapped the Esc, it was a Jeti as well, thought that's sorted then, wrong turned the throttle on and - it sounded like a meat grinder agh! One knackered BL2220/07 motor with little use.  Ok, not to be defeated replaced motor with a quick order with 4 Max. Also managed to re solder a whole wing harness for the damned Q12. All's well again wrong my bl##dy on/off switch is playing up on my trusty (Or was) X9D. What's worse is that I was going to do my 1st comp for years and years tomorrow which I can't now obviously do.

In all a funny old week lol

Hi Tony,

The switch on the X9D (I’m assuming Taranis) is a ‘soft’ switch. I.e. it relies on the software to operate, rather like a PC on/off switch.

Because you had a bad / intermittent connection on the TX battery, it is quite possible that the TX firmware has been corrupted. May well be worth a firmware update on the TX . Even if the firmware is the same as was before the issues.

Hope you get sorted.

Neil P

Hi Neil

Glad you joined in as Adrian this week the chap I sold my DLG to I said I mentioned to him if the firmware could be corrupted as literally that day I had been fine tuning on the bench a couple of models and glitches appeared for no reason. It happened while he was there as well. I will see if I can sort. The only trouble is like everything else as soon as something goes wrong you lose faith in it.

Cheers, Tony