Sign in to follow this  
thermaldoctor

CHRIS FOSS PHASE 7 NOW AVAILABLE

thermaldoctor

In a very exclusive arrangement between Chris Foss designs and Flightech, we are proud to announce the Phase 7 slope soarer.

Breaking away from an  all traditional wood construction, the new Phase 7 has been designed by Chris with all the character and attributes of the Phase 5 and 6  but will be manufactured in a carbon and kevlar moulded format to the very highest quality thanks to our partner composite manufacturers Aleksandr Chekh and Bohuslav Majerzik who produce the Optimus and Infinity.

There will be  versions available a 2m and a 2.5m. 

Finally after many years of will there ever be a Phase 7?  Yes there is. Brought right into 2019 with an all composite structure and first 12 models sold will include 6 x free top end CLS Kingmax servos

Pics to follow...

• Haha 1

SilentPilot

Check the date... 

wookman

Oh Neil, you are a tease!

Peter

And check the time - it's after Midday!

• Haha 2

SoggyBoots

Three weeks late but you still got me 😳 

• Haha 1

thermaldoctor

Gary B

There is (or will be) a Phase 5e which I thought was a spoof but there it is (other model shops are available).

Seems a strange thing to do with this design, to me it should have the option to be unpowered.

There was a Phase 3 apparently which Chris says 'the less said about that the better'!

Gary

pete beadle

Hi Gary

The consensus of replies given to me by ISA members who are currently building Phase 5's, as pure (aerobatic) gliders is that, in their opinion(s) the Phase 5 was the Bees Knees and the replacement, the Phase 6 was not as good (sorry Chris).....it moved several members to start building Phase 5's hopefully to be finished in time for Nostalgia Day 2019 on 14th September

The only things that bother me as regards this Phase 5E are - price - £149.99 plus delivery! and whether the plywood used in its construction is Lite Ply which is (IMHO) about one quarter the strength of 3 (or even 5) ply.......also, if its components are laser cut whether their cut edges have been sanded to remove the burnt laser-cutting damage.........

As a side issue, a 5E wouldn't be welcomed to Ivinghoe due to the ban on power flying applied by the NT.....which is enforced, in the nicest possible way, by  ISA flyers 

Something to think about when considering the purchase though......although I'm not trying to put anyone off buying one, especially flyers that would have to use it "on the level" rather than on the slope :)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

SilentPilot

I emailed CF or Ripmax, can't remember which, about an ARF glider and was told a very resounding NO!

Glad they've changed their mind :D

£150 is a great price for people like me who can't or won't build anything.

I might look into this 5e. If it has a 4 servo wing then I might let my MiddlePhase and Phase6 go to a new home.

The 'E' part appeals to me. If I were to get one I'd make the prop (which doesn't look like a folder by the way) removable for slope use and cover the holes with tape like I did with my Radian. Might also add a belly hook... my skills just about stretch to adding hooks!

Tony 

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi Tony

Don't forget you've got to pay Elite Models delivery charge too, they're in Sittingbourne, Kent and they charged me over £13.00 for a delivery last time

If I were you, I'd stick with the Radian though, I've got four of them now, two mark ones and two mark two's, and they are my goto models for flat field or nil wind slope flights now and, of course, have motors too, so you don't even have to have the skill to fit a "nook"!

Also I'd re-consider selling two iconic models like a Phase 6 or a Middle Phase.........don't forget the old saying "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone!":yes:

Still, its up to you

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Thanks 1

f3fman
4 hours ago, SilentPilot said:

I emailed CF or Ripmax, can't remember which, about an ARF glider and was told a very resounding NO!

Glad they've changed their mind :D

£150 is a great price for people like me who can't or won't build anything.

I might look into this 5e. If it has a 4 servo wing then I might let my MiddlePhase and Phase6 go to a new home.

The 'E' part appeals to me. If I were to get one I'd make the prop (which doesn't look like a folder by the way) removable for slope use and cover the holes with tape like I did with my Radian. Might also add a belly hook... my skills just about stretch to adding hooks!

Tony 

Its a folder prop in the photos and the list of "Required to complete", looks like you buy your own motor, esc and prop to go with it 

SilentPilot

Yeah, plus it is a 4 servo wing, I am interested!

My MP & P6 are both single servo Ailerons and no Flaps. Both can be quite tricky to land at slope sites :(

• Like 1

f3fman

Even my original Phase 6 (more than 30 years old now) had 2 servos in the wing centre and a mechanical mixer to allow flap, particularly to climb, then when computer radios came along I removed the mixer and drove both as flaperons which of course allowed flaps, elevator flaps, and upgoing ailerons for landing   :-)

• Like 1