BARCS-ELG 28thApril 2019 -CANCELLED

PeteMitchell

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

COMPETITION  CANCELLED

This event is the first ‘BARTLETTS LEAGUE’ qualifier  of the year. It will be run at EQFA's  new  'Bartletts Farm' field .

The usual 3 classes of model can be flown, Open, 2Mtr and 100” (up to 2.6mtr allowed), and each can score points in their own Bartletts league. Please note that models must comply with BARCS class restrictions if you wish to also score in the appropriate BARCS Leagues.

2 entries allowed per pilot, but each entry must be with different class models.

AMRT (Height limiter) CAN be set to any height up to 300mtrs, but MUST be set with a maximum motor run time of 30sec.

Scoring as per F5J, i.e. a penalty of 3 points per metre for launching over 200mtrs,   This height may be reviewed due to safety concerns, but notice will be issued in good time  if any change  is to be made

BARCS rules allow one re- launch  in a slot,  and for an emergency re start if necessary.  

n.b. a re- launch  will be counted as a scoring flight. Motor re-start will result in a zero score for that slot.

Entry £5.00 payable on the day.

Please register your entry in this thread, all will be assumed to on 2.4 unless advised

• Ian Nicholls
  • Mike Connell
  • Ray Gadenne
  • Eddy Small
  • Alan Twine
  • Derek Collings
  • Randy Taylor
  • Peter Ley
  • Brian Austin
  • Steve Knowles
  • Paul Wainwright
  • Paul Wainwright  2M
  • John Hovel
  • Eamon Keating
  • Colin Boorman

Pete,

Please enter me for Open 2.4

Is that veteran Brian coming as I hate being beaten by older people?

• Like 1

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Are we all looking at the weather forecast for Sunday ? I am not now so optimistic☹️

It's looking like this latest storm system is going to have more effect in our area than was first thought. It is still expected to remain mostly dry on the day, but the wind strength is probably going to increase from the expected 13-20mph upto 16-28mph. The strength coupled with the NW direction will make launching difficult and landing even more so on our 'new' field.

I will prepare everything for the comp as usual, but if you are doubtful about traveling it will be helpful to know by 6pm today.

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst I will leave it until 6pm Saturday for a final decision.

Hello Pete,

If wind forecast  remains the same I would be reluctant to travel on the off chance, but fingers crossed.

Eddy.

Pete,

If the wind continues as described then I wouldn't look to head up, such a distance, on the off chance of a clear day. I am due to head out to Bulgaria on Thursday with Wixy and Colin and would be devastated if I damaged a model prior to this.

Disappointing as I have not competed yet this year, but the current wind predictions would preclude me from competing on Sunday.

I will continue to monitor the forecast and hopefully if they drop I will attend, but if they stay as forecast then I will pull out Pete.

Sorry.

Eamon

• Committee Member
PeteMitchell

Thanks guys for the replies. 

No one want's to risk models and the forecast wind direction means we will be on landing approach over the tallest  trees so something could easily  go wrong.

Still hoping for a change🙄

If you say it's going ahead on Saturday evening I will come.

Don't like trees but don't mind wind.