Tony

Head Cams

Tony

Looking for some advice on what people are using, don't want anything uber expensive but it would be nice to record my flights. 

Thanks in advance, Tony

wookman

I imagine that Phil Taylor aka Helmetcamman may be able to provide some sage advice.

Phil.Taylor

HaHa - yep - heres a link (below) to an old post with a hard-hat-cam mugshot 😊

Current set-up is similar, but the sighting-device is a couple of cms further from my face/eyes  - more accurate

You  need to be able to lock the focus on the camera to infinity - autofocus will keep hunting & going out of focus.  Some form of sighting device is necessary unless you're using a wide-angle lens (e.g. Go-Pro) - we typically move our eyes to follow a plane - you need to get the hang of moving your whole head with the camera on it. 

Phil.

cirrusRC

I use a Mobius 1 ActionCam V3 1080p

I got it from HobbyRC for about £60.    They are cheaper from China but I wanted the UK seller backing.

It's pretty good,   1080p quality and good sound.   Battery is 850mah so gives me between 90 mins and 120 mins.

Lots of lens choices but  I didn't go for the ultra wide angle lens as I don't like the distortion.    Models soon look very small on this camera without a zoom.

It's just clipped to the peak of my cap.  Much easier for DLG usage than sticking my P&S camera to my head.

Tony

Cheers chaps, would this do: (There's so many to choose from and I'm no camera buff)

Apeman Trawo 4K

www.amazon.co.uk/apeman-Waterproof-Stabilization-Batteries-Accessories/dp/B07DN4JF4B

Phil.Taylor
46 minutes ago, Tony said:

Cheers chaps, would this do: (There's so many to choose from and I'm no camera buff)

Apeman Trawo 4K

www.amazon.co.uk/apeman-Waterproof-Stabilization-Batteries-Accessories/dp/B07DN4JF4B

No - its 170 degrees FOV - far too wide angle - youll get a tiny dot of a plane in the video. Also  - really dont need 4k - 1080 is fine - 720 is ok too

Try the Mobius - or a cheap & cheerful 808 keyring camera to start with - the Mobius was developed from the 808 cameras.

Phil.

Tony

Thanks Phil will do