***CANCELLED*** F3K Event #1 - 27th April 2019 - Twywell

Neil Harrison

Neil Harrison

This F3K league event is to be held at Twywell - not far from Kettering.  This is a farm field and is normally grazed by sheep, please ensure that the gate is closed and secured at all times...

The start time will be 10:00 - please aim to arrive by 09:30 at the latest.

Entries close at 18:00 on Friday 26th April.

Please bring your BMFA Membership card to show for proof of insurance.

An entry fee of £10 per head will be charged for this event - please be ready to pay on the day - juniors free.  All are welcome, but BMFA insurance is a necessity. New contest pilots especially welcome, no experience necessary - well, you need to be able to launch and land back near yourself!  I'll update the table below as the entries come in - PM me to enter.

The lanes around the field are narrow and used by horse riders - please take care.

Pilot entry list.....

1.  Neil H

2.  Mike S

4.  Mike C

5.  Neil P

6.  Monz

7.  Simon  B

8.  Tony B 

9.  Gavin S

Yellow circle shows entrance to field 

Yellow cross show parking location

05BF212C-40E8-4095-849A-146E6BA55286.jpeg

Marin Mitev

I will be working that Saturday unfortunately. I work one in three Saturdays and I can't make this one. See you on the next one.

I’ll be there.

It would be great if we get as many as at the ‘Come and try’ this weekend!

Looks like there's a fair chance of the weather holding but cooler according to BBC long range.

Neil P

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 21:33, lorrygreen said:

Count me in please.

Hi Neil

Sorry but I am going to have to cancel following a minor family crisis.

I hope the weather holds and I will catch everyone in Essex at the Eurotour comp.

Neil Harrison

Long term forecast at this stage is looking good, although predictably windy 😉

Bring ballast or CX4 😉

9FCEA9A9-F26E-44A4-8002-CC83C075E284.png

Not looking so 'rosie' now.   If it doesn't improve, I will have to pull out.  I really should be working on Saturday, so if the weather is looking so bad, I will have to choose work over a wet and windy field. 

twywell.JPG

Neil Harrison

Final decision GO/NO GO will be about 6pm Friday..... please keep an eye on here if you have entered or intending to go and spectate...

Neil Harrison

With the predicted forecast for tomorrow it is no surprise that the first competition of 2019 has to be cancelled.

The met office has issued a wether warning for wind which makes this an easy decision. 

Can all competitors who have booked in reply and acknowledge the cancellation....

F645835A-E024-4EBA-A76E-FCB7479FD6DB.thumb.png.8f817059bb6ca06599979721fd100fc1.pngFDBB42B3-6675-4304-A178-D23875953140.thumb.png.c8fcb5b5d1e3e78e75d6f16e9ef919bc.png

• Thanks 1

Richard Swindells

Hi Neil. 

Just reschedule for last week ;)

We had made time to attend... But it was very obvious there was only one choice... to cancel!