Steve J

CAA registration consultation

EssexBOF

I e mailed my old mentor, Dave Platt now 83 I think as to how the drone regulations are going down in the USA😎😄

Brian,

I never complied and never will.  The answer is just to say no.  I’m still waiting for the first arrest.

Dave

Hi Dave

How you getting on over their with the drone legislation?

They are starting to bring it in over here, lumping in all model Aircraft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards

Brian

Mikeb52
31 minutes ago, EssexBOF said:

He’s a member of a model flying club too!

Just what we don’t need at this delicate stage of negotiations. You couldn’t make it up. 🙁

pete beadle

Hi all

For my part, I was intrigued, surprised and happy in turns, with our President's most recent post:thumbsup:

To me, it's a brilliant comment to post just before his meeting with Baroness whatsername! I'd really love to be a fly on the wall for that meeting!

Good on yer Brian!:)

Pete

BARCS1702

Kickstart

What would happen if we just ignored this..refused to pay, all of us, what is the worst that could happen ?

I for one am ignoring it, I fly alone on farm land far from a road or up on a  fellside, i'm a member of the bmfa purely for the insurance and as far as i'm concerned thats enough.

how will they collect the money, unless I volunteer my details on line they don't even know I exist..

SilentPilot

Might as well cancel your BMFA membership. Probably won't pay out any insurance claim without you being registered. 

pete beadle

Hi Kickstart

The worst that could happen is that you'd be told off by all these people rushing to provide a list with their name on, that the police could use to find drone flyers that have objected to the new rules

As I said in a previous post, the police don't have the resources available to enforce these new rules, and if they tried they'd probably fail just as they did with the Gatwick fiasco

If you continue to do what you are doing now, staying away from all restricted airspace, especially airports, and flying safely in out of the way places where the worst you could do is scare a few sheep, the police, and other enforcement agencies would turn a blind eye to the technical infringement, which is the only thing they could "do" you for, and let you get on with your harmless enjoyment

If you did comply with all the requirements of the new regulations you'd simply be providing the police with a helpful list of potential culprits......

But don't forget, you WILL incur the wrath of every flyer currently rushing to register.....if you don't mind that, you've nothing to fear continuing to do what you are doing now......you choose, it's still a free country.....or is at the moment.......:yes:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

Kickstart
18 minutes ago, SilentPilot said:

Might as well cancel your BMFA membership. Probably won't pay out any insurance claim without you being registered. 

Do you know this to be true or are you just speculating/scaremongering ?

SilentPilot

Its speculation, but have you ever known an insurance policy to pay out when it doesn't have to? 

Use your own judgement. It's your money :)

Kickstart
1 hour ago, pete beadle said:

If you did comply with all the requirements of the new regulations you'd simply be providing the police with a helpful list of potential culprits......

After seeing what happened to that poor chap at Christmas, the way he was crucified by the police and media why on earth would anybody freely give up their  details knowing that this could happen to you, in fact it's not free it's £16.50, I don't think so, i've never heard of anything so stupid.. 

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi SP

I think that what you were referring to originally was a comment made in one of the many BMFA  statements regarding this subject, referring to the fact that most insurers have a clause in their contracts whereby the insurance is voided if the accident/ incident referred to in the claim, occurred during the commission of a crime.  

I also understand it was qualified as "may be" rather than "will be" . The fact that intent (to commit a crime) has to be proved  in a criminal action, was omitted

Pete

BARCS1702 

EssexBOF

®

Edited by EssexBOF
Placed on another thread