BARCS-ELG 19th May Cars can be taken onto field

Nicholls

Great news!
The flying field has had the grass cut so we CAN drive onto it, however, although it WILL be up the normal track we won't know until 0820 which one so the signs won't be up until then.

Nearest post code  ME17 3AU look for Glider sign call 07760750298 if lost

This event is the first (due to the one that was to be held on 28th April being cancelled)  ‘BARTLETTS LEAGUE’ qualifier  of the year. It will be run at one of the Invicta Model Flyers Club's Sutton Valence fields.

The usual 3 classes of model can be flown, Open, 2Mtr and 100” (up to 2.6mtr allowed), and each can score points in their own Bartletts league. Please note that models must comply with BARCS class restrictions if you wish to also score in the appropriate BARCS Leagues.

2 entries allowed per pilot, but each entry must be with different class models.

AMRT (Height limiter) CAN be set to any height up to 300mtrs, but MUST be set with a maximum motor run time of 30sec.

Scoring as per F5J, i.e. a penalty of 3 points per metre for launching over 200mtrs,   This height may be reviewed due to safety concerns, but notice will be issued in good time  if any change  is to be made

BARCS rules allow one re- launch  in a slot,  and for an emergency re start if necessary.  

N.B. A re- launch  will be counted as a scoring flight. Motor re-start will result in a zero score for that slot.

Entry £5.00 payable on the day.

Please register your entry in this thread, all will be assumed to on 2.4 unless advised

Invicta Sutton Valence Nearest Post Code ME17 3AU, The field at Sutton Valence will be signposted on the day on the A274 running south from Sutton Valence.  We will not know which field (Forsham Lane or Heniker Lane) we can use until the day, so please look for the signs with a “Glider” on them.  

For those who use "what3words" the usual location of entrance is   ///riverbank.spooked.buyers

Entrants

Ian Nicholls Open 2.4

Mike Connell Open 2.4

Nick Jackson Open 2.4

Eddy Small Open 2.4

Mike Hodgkiss Open 2.4

Rob Love Open 2.4

Richard Harris Open 2.4

Keith Fisher Open 2.4

Keith Benton open 2.4

Alan Harris 100" 2.4

Terry Letchford open 2.4

Brian Martin 100" 2.4

David Phillips open 2.4

John Postle open 2.4

Bob Hope Open 2.4

Phil Ramsey Open 2.4

Alan Twine open 2.4

Derek Collings open 2.4

Garry Matthews open 2.4

Graham Wicks Open 2.4

John Wicks Open 2.4

Pete Mitchell Open 2.4

Colin Paddon Open 2.4 TBC

Please see note above

ACCESS RESTRICTION

Unfortunately cars will not be able to drive onto the flying field  so models and all that you require to fly will need to be carried from the access road. In view of this car parking space will be tight so car sharing will assist.

Flying rounds will be reduced from 6 as necessary and flying will end by 1630 

Please reconfirm your entry and accept our apologies for this and not being able to find an alternative in time.

Ian, Apologies and unrelated to the parking, but please accept my apologies and take me off the list to fly.  

Thank you 

Eamon

LATEST NEWS Kent Interclub Electric 1 competition to be held at Sutton Valence on Sunday May 19th

I will publish here on BARCS site the final situation regarding the field access (has the grass been cut or not) around 8pm on Friday (old money) so please be ready to let me know who will be coming by Saturday 10:00 (new money) latest. Thanks for your patience.

Great news!
The flying field has had the grass cut so we CAN drive onto it, however, although it WILL be up the normal track we won't know until 0820 which one so the signs won't be up until then.

Nearest post code  ME17 3AU look for Glider sign call 07760750298 if lost

RESULTS

A challenging day with no sun apart from an occasional yellow glow between clouds in a mainly darkish sky with light but variable winds that were chilly at times but both wave and thermal lift were there to find in most but not all groups

A 10am start allowed 6 rounds to be flown a lunch break and results available at 1630

The worthy winner was Colin Paddon but it’s notable that Keith Fisher was the only person to all but fly out all 6 rounds (1 at 9m 32s)

Thanks to Mike Connell for the photos above

Overall results p1.jpg

Overall results p2.jpg

Overall results p3.jpg

• Like 1

Not a day for low launch heights, clearly.   Wonderful 'judgement' shown by Mr Mitchell in his fourth round maximum point flight: 220m launch, 6min, 43 secs duration and 50 point landing .  I bet he was pleased to get away with that launch.  Spot on landing though.
I like the way the results are presented here, Ian.

• Like 1

Peter,

Most if not all of the 220m reported heights were due to the AMRT not being set to allow a reading on any relaunches (thus requiring disconnection of battery before relaunch) with me being one to fall into this trap and the CD awards this height despite the fact most are in fact lower than the 200m allowed.

The new results format is an option available in the latest update of GliderScore and whilst requiring more space is better than having separate sheets that I liked to give provide with Landing and Launch Height results. Thanks for your Feedback.