Radioglide F3K Sunday 26th May at BMFA NFC Buckminster.

mikef

I plan to run the contest at Buckminster tomorrow.  It will be breezy and there will be rain showers but I think we can get four rounds in.

I have had one cancellation earlier this afternoon and... hang-on...  another one now...  make that two while I was typing this.

Stop press.....  Okay, now four total cancellations.

lorrygreen

I have to say that forecast hasn't improved at all during the day, which is a shame.

Sorry Mike I'm going to give this a miss as well.

Hope for better weather for the next one.

For those that don't know, "the hand" is the trophy for the F3K event at Radioglide.  Perhaps MikeHLG could post a picture of it in an appropriate setting?

pete beadle

Hi all

Am I hallucinating in thinking I'm seeing the words "Ivinghoe Soaring Association" on this trophy????

Can anyone confirm or deny please?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

pete beadle

Hi MikeDLG

Many thanks for your prompt reply

I'm surprised, I've been Comp Sec of the ISA and on several of our committees, but have never seen this trophy before or even known of its existence!

Do you have any details of its history please? By all means PM me so  your PM doesn't interfere with this string, but I'd really appreciate anything you can tell me about it

Thanks and regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Scores after two rounds. We haven't lost much time to rain, six slots done by 1145.  Mind, it's pretty breezy,  6-7 m/s gusting 9+.

F6EC7DE6-A81B-4505-A2E4-C8560F9F0919.jpeg

• Like 1

Rounds 3 & 4 complete - we have a league event!  We will keep going, but no new round will be started after 1530.  A round in progress at 1530 will be completed unless we reach 1700 due to delays at which point that last round will be abandoned.

1E455BD2-F886-41BC-B19C-3A32C0DDED2B.jpeg