mikef

Radioglide F3K Sunday 26th May at BMFA NFC Buckminster.

Paul Gleeson

just a sample of the conditions 🙂

• Like 1

Mark Evans

Whoa! yeah I'm glad I sat this one out!.

That plane going backwards at the start of the video! haha

Tooks

I popped over for an hour or so this afternoon to spectate for a bit, respect to those flying in those conditions, and the wind had dropped slightly by the time I got there! 

Nice to meet a few of you anyway, and the freely given advice and patient answering of my questions! 

Hope to join you somewhere soon and give it a go myself! 

• Like 1

PaulR

After going backwards and forwards about whether or not to travel given the forecast, I’m glad I made the trip. Despite the wind and rain it was fun flying - for example reversing across the box for a 42s flight in the second all up to find the everyone else was already down!

I can’t believe the change in conditions for the final round. The three planes chasing what seemed to be the first proper thermal of the day lead to the mid-air, but worth it given that neither of us seem to have sustained any damage and it lead to my first 1k score of the year. 

Thanks Mike and Tony for a very smoothly run contest. 

• Like 3

thechalster

Thanks to mike and tony.  Fun days flying in difficult conditions,  well done to all who took part.  Can not believe the performance of these little models. 

Marin Mitev

Thank you Mike and Tony and all other people involved in the organization of this event. I thought that I will be OK with setting up my only model in time but I couldn't. A big thank you to Nick for providing one of his models so I could compete in this competition. Probably he will never give me a model again ( cause he could take the third place ) :)) Weather was not with us but I don't regret I took part in this competition. Well done to the winner and well done to all people who came and had fun.

Tooks
12 hours ago, thechalster said:

Thanks to mike and tony.  Fun days flying in difficult conditions,  well done to all who took part.  Can not believe the performance of these little models. 

As I made the 10 min drive from home to Buckminster on the Sunday to meet a fellow member to collect a new model, I looked at the trees, hedges and grass verges being blown about and was confident that nobody would be flying anything and I’d find you all sat around the tea room or something.

So, I had to smile as I turned up the drive to BMFA HQ to see a number of DLGs weaving and bobbing about in the leaden skies, and the cheerful disposition of those flying them was a good foil for the weather.

Well done to all of you for persevering, and I hope all the models made it back in the same number of pieces they arrived in!