BMFA F3F League Reserve 1

mtreble

Very strange day in light air ,I've never got the PB2 to go in these conditions. 

Very enjoyable and good to see the guys who travelled down especially Mr Gunning. 

We'll done to the top three.

And top flying Brett you did a great job all day👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brett82 said:

Thanks Pete

It was good you managed to travel down, ended up being a really enjoyable day. Apart from a few nose cones getting flooded with water.

I just checked the times I entered on my phone and there are two errors. I've messaged Mark but it wont effect the top 5 positions. The first error is tiny and wont effect anything. Unfortunately I think the second might drop Paul back one spot.

Sorry Paul, you had a rough day and I just made it worse. I accidentally put your 1st round time in the app for round 1 and 2 by mistake. Your first round time was much quicker than your 2nd round so you will lose some points. Not sure how many though as I cant edit the results on the app.

Sorry mate, I feel awful but I was trying to do it quickly so we could read the results before packing up.

Brett

Not to worry Brett, as long as when the results are verified I am not in 9th position 😀

• Haha 1

Final Verified Results::

1 Brett Larrett     3891.35       1000.00

2 Peter Gunning 3873.29          995.35

3 Mark Treble       3769.99         968.81

4 Keith Wood        3609.06        927.45

5 Mike Evans         3571.13         917.70

6 Bruce Hudson   3386.29        870.20

7 Les Wood             3360.16        863.49

9 Paul  Stubley       3340.68        858.48

Well done Brett - cracking flying today.

Thanks to Mike and Brett for running the centre and persevering to achieve 5 rounds in very difficult conditions.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mtreble said:

Well done Brett - cracking flying today.

Thanks to Mike and Brett for running the centre and persevering to achieve 5 rounds in very difficult conditions.

Thanks Mark

Well done to you and Pete, you guys also flew a great comp and got some valuable points in round 3 in conditions that would have been tough to fly in.

Brett

isoaritfirst

A. Very enjoyable day, thanks to everyone for making it possible. 

It was good to see Brett taking so much pleasure in his first league win, and it was well deserved.

Pete also made a massive effort to travel both ways today. His second place was well earned. 

Personally after a good time in the first round the rest of the day was enjoyable flying but sadly didn’t make any decent headway on the score sheet. 

But it was enough to see the hill looking glorious in the sunshine and broken cloud and all of our visitors enjoying the hill I love so much.. 

a very pleasant day

• Like 1

WELL DONE BRETT

I'm impressed. You've come on brilliantly, sorry I was not there.  I was in the rain nearby on Saturday, running my Jag up the hill at Shelsley Walsh.  Nothing special but an enjoyable 1st visit.

• Like 4

A few pics from yesterday inlcuding the hail shower that drifted past in front of us and then the wind turned 90 degrees and blew it onto us!

The wind speed tripled in the rain / hail and Mark and I Flew in it in round 3 to good effect!

I should also say congrats to Bruce on his fine round win. After having model problems in round 3, he flew very well in round 4 to go quickest 👏👃

20190609_121437.thumb.jpg.064b8671ce161ead7ed4a0db1d3f350f.jpg20190609_141201.thumb.jpg.6540c1282a1775f80ca7fa54fe48d8b3.jpg20190609_170401.thumb.jpg.22bda00f048aaef4a16895ddd196872e.jpg

Brett delivering the results with some glee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Variable weather and flying conditions yesterday meant  that a few more rounds would have made  the comp a little fairer perhaps but still the better fliers win through. Well done Brett and thanks for coming Peter. 

IMAG1205.jpg

IMAG1201.jpg

IMAG1204.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, isoaritfirst said:

It’s hard to tell these days with the little stubby 2.4 aerials we use 

Speak for yourself!

• Haha 1

Congratulations Brett, very well done on winning the comp 👏

Very well done Peter on 2nd place  & Mark on taking third 👍.

Sounds like it was a challenging days racing .

Stu. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gromit said:

Congratulations Brett, very well done on winning the comp 👏

Very well done Peter on 2nd place  & Mark on taking third 👍.

Sounds like it was a challenging days racing .

Stu. 

Thanks Stu, Im still buzzing at the thought of getting the win. I thought maybe Pete or Mark had it as in round 3 they both got the best wind of the day just as the storm was hitting us. But going by the spreadsheet, somehow I managed to be near the top each round and with round 3 as my discard it  didn't seem effect the result.

It was a tough day, especially for some who just got really bad air, hovering just in the legal area, dropping below for some legs but not long enough to call a re-flight.

I was king of the re-flights though, one round I had about 5 but for different reasons. Like wind dropping below legal, then not getting the off course buzz, then having the wrong leg announced by the centre so I kept flying straight thinking I was crossing 10 but in fact it was only 8 and I should have turned. Got plenty of landing practice though. 

I'm sure everyone will admit that between the flying and the banter it was a great day out. 

Brett

• Like 2