Taranis X9 Lite

Mark Evans

Mark Evans

So, out of curiosity and the fact it was only £66 from T9, I picked up a X9 Lite.

It's actually quite nice. I like the smaller size over the normal X9D+ and I think it might be a good choice for those whole don't like the shape of the QX7 in the hand. Sticks feel like the X9D+, momentary switch top right as usual, although it's kinda in the position of switch G on the X9D+ so a little further forward, feels a bit strange but you could get used to it. Empty space where H would be so I think I'm gonna drill a hole and fit a push button there. 4 screws and back is off, only the battery lead is connecting it to the front casing. 

Haven't got any batteries for it yet so not played around with it, but I think for dlg use, if you don't like the QX7 or the Xlite but still want something smaller and lighter than a X9D+, I think it's good alternative and you can't grumble about the price either.

I'll bring it on Sunday if anyone wanted to have a look at one. Although I still won't have any batteries for it.

Graham Woods

Taranis X9 Lite:

I got mine from the very helpful Richard Bago at T9 as well. Nice compact radio. Boards inside look very well made, moving wires supported etc.

Switching to Mode 1 from Mode 2 was easy enough once you get the hang of which screws to loosen and tighten to tension and free the gimbal springs.

The binding is rather different from what we're used to i.e. Registration and Smart Match,  so read the .pdf 'struckshuns! 

Great for anyone with experience of the Taranis X9D, X7, Horus 10S & 12S working on OpenTx 2.2.x or 2.3. 

As always FrSky release a little before they really should and seem to use customers as beta-testers, thinking of R9 and 868 here.

FrSky G-RX6: I chose the tiny G-RX6 with gyro for gliders with which to mate although soldering that tiny socket on that receiver is not for the faint-hearted.

Graham W

Mark Evans

It's not recommended, but if you only the need the smart port to update the fw, it can be done just holding it place. 

Yeah I gotta read again on binding, although the program I'm using for my dlg isn't available on 2.3 yet I don't think, in fact is companion even on 2.3 yet? That side I haven't looked into, nor have I any batteries for it yet haha.