Loose Frsky X4R receiver antena help

Marc RC pilot

Marc RC pilot

One of my receiver antennas pop out. I re-clipped it back on and noticed there is some type of blue glue that used to keep it secure.

Should I/what type of glue should I use to secure the antenna?

I am also a little weary of this receiver as it seems rather flimsy with it's carboard case. Worth investing in something sturdier/perhaps 6 channel receiver?   I would be gutted to lose a plane due to RC failure/want to eliminate any weak links as I progress into more expensive/larger gliders.

Thanks in advance chaps.

Pic from net: 

frsky%20x4r.jpg

I’ve never owned an X4R, but on similar receivers I’ve used a dab of hot glue to stop the antennae popping off. 

Hardware/electronics failure is one of those things that could always happen in this hobby,,but generally speaking most kit is quite reliable for what it costs and what we ask it to do. 

I’ve lost far more models due to my  inept piloting or lapses in concentration than any receiver has cost me!

Or at least I think so! 

• Like 2

Mark Evans

Hot glue here too. And most of my rx's have just been wrapped in tape before and zero issues. 

Marc RC pilot
3 hours ago, Darren_O said:

I've got about ten of these and the first thing I do is hot glue the aerials. Never had one fail since.

Wow! you're into the glue big time Darren! 😃

• Like 1

Mark Evans

I've noticed the newer G-RX6 and the RX4/6R don't have any shrink tubing right where the mini clip is and I have had a antenna break there already just messing round getting it squeezed into a dlg and moving the antennas around, so I put a dap of hot glue there now for strength.