Marc Sinclair

Recommended failsafe settings for 2 ch delta wing?

Marc Sinclair

For rudder and elevator. A few notches of rudder, touch of up elevator to keep glider circling (assuming it does not catch a thermal...)?

How about for a delta wing (ailerons/elevator)?  

Thanks 

wookman

Full up. 

Failsafe is designed to prevent flyaways not save the model.

• Like 1

SilentPilot

As has been already mentioned, failsafe for a RE(S) type is easy, a bit of rudder and a touch of elevator works great. I also add half spoiler if fitted.

I once had a large glider go into failsafe and disappear behind the hill summit. I unpacked my bin bag and went on the walk of shame. I got round the hill and she was there, absolutely perfect landing, I'm sure I heard it say "look what I can do when you don't over control me!"

As for AE models, I agree with full up, but I sometimes use a decent amount of aileron, the reason being if it has failsafe from a signal block then the sudden change in orientation may help it regain signal.

Hope never to actually test it though...

Marc Sinclair
9 hours ago, wookman said:

Full up. 

Failsafe is designed to prevent flyaways not save the model.

Thank you wookman

7 hours ago, SilentPilot said:

As has been already mentioned, failsafe for a RE(S) type is easy, a bit of rudder and a touch of elevator works great. I also add half spoiler if fitted.

I once had a large glider go into failsafe and disappear behind the hill summit. I unpacked my bin bag and went on the walk of shame. I got round the hill and she was there, absolutely perfect landing, I'm sure I heard it say "look what I can do when you don't over control me!"

As for AE models, I agree with full up, but I sometimes use a decent amount of aileron, the reason being if it has failsafe from a signal block then the sudden change in orientation may help it regain signal.

Hope never to actually test it though...

lol about the bin bag and walk of shame SP...What a result you had!

Thanks for advice.

Marc  

pete beadle

Hi all

I went to an ISA club "F3F style" slope racing competition a few years ago, where I saw the amazing sight of one of the competitors planes being flown with the airbrakes popping up at the end of each lap, as the plane turned, and rolled into inverted on the turns......Several explanations were put forward, the pilot thought it was a problem with  the programming of his (then) brand new Taranis, another thought it was a short brought about by one of the soldered joints of one of the  wires to the brakes as the "G" of the turn exposed the problem, another said it was a "rogue" mixer, but the answer was made plain shortly after, as the brakes popped up, as required by its failsafe setting, and the plane descended into the tall grass on the face of the hill........the receiver voltage had dropped below the minimum setting, up went the brakes, down came the 'plane......so my own personal failsafe setting is "airbrakes deployed and fully open" as I'd seen how well it worked in practice.....:)

Hope this helps

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Marc Sinclair

Nice happy ending on that failsafe Pete! Thx for sharing.