Gromit

Whitesheet RFC, South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase day'.

Gromit

1497108502_whitesheetghostlogo(Small).jpg.32024576efa83d5ce211ac9df1124162.jpg

The Whitesheet RFC presents.

South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase day' June 16th 2019

Edit; 15/06/19 Following study of the various weather forecasts this event is ON. 

Hi All,

On June 16th the Whitesheet RFC have invited South Coast Sailplanes to our beautiful Wiltshire slopes, and will be staging a ‘South Coast Sailplanes showcase day’.

The day has been organized as a thank you from the Whitesheet RFC & on behalf of the UK F3f community, to South Coast Sailplanes owner peter Payne. This being for his 5 successive years of exceptional sponsorship & support of the English Open F3f event, 

South Coast Sailplanes are the UK distributors of ‘Glider-it’ models. For those of you unfamiliar with this name, 'Glider-it' was formed around a year ago & is a joining of the Italian company's of X Models,  (all X models),  Voloinpendia, (Graecalis, Cobra fling wing, Vettore), & Fulcro. (bags & accessories) .

The day has been designed for South Coast Sailplanes to ‘showcase’ a good selection of models from the ‘Glider-it’ range. Peter will be bringing along his own personal models, putting many of these in the air during the day (conditions allowing).

The day will be a unique opportunity for you to come along & have a very good look at each of these models, & have a good chat with Peter about them.

For practical reasons models & goods will not be available for sale during the day, however should you wish to purchase a model Peter will be pleased to take all orders, Alternatively you can of course follow up on any purchases with Peter in the days after the event.

Here then is the list of ‘Cracking’ models that Peter is planning to bring along (subject to change)

Stingray,  Prismaray,  Bhyron,  Graecalis , Swift 3.2 m,  Swift 2.5 m  Ventus 2 c,   Excallibur,  Sword 2mtr DS,  Funray,  Vettore.

For detailed information & spec of each of these models, plus the full range of other models / goods available at South Coast Sailplanes, please visit their website http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/ 

Of particular interest to myself is the new Vettore, this being a T tail glider from Voloinpendia designed for both Thermal & aerobatic flight.

433552298_logo-new(Small).thumb.jpg.8067c1363bef23877e4ad0397bd471e1.jpg

1870509129_petevetorre.thumb.jpg.6c659d6b13dbdc7177c17ff06458d7fa.jpg

Above, South Coast Sailplanes owner Peter Payne with his new Vettore, this was taken just a few days ago when hoping to maiden this gorgeous model. Frustratingly conditions weren’t quite suitable.

The Whitesheet slopes will be open as per usual to come along & enjoy a great days flying on our beautifull slopes, & to enjoy the 'Show case' day.

Both the Whitesheet RFC & South Coast Sailplanes look forward to welcoming you to this South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase day' .

Regards to All,

Stu, Whitesheet Competition Secretary.

• Like 2

wookman

And possibly bring along any South Coast Gliders we have too?

• Like 1

Gromit
3 hours ago, wookman said:

And possibly bring along any South Coast Gliders we have too?

Indeed, please do 👍

Stu. 

StraightEdge

I'm interested in coming along for the day.   Its a four-hour round trip, so it would be good to be able bring my own hack (not a mouldie).  Also is flying at Whitesheet only normally for club members and participants in any organised event, or more generally open?

Gromit
20 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

I'm interested in coming along for the day.   Its a four-hour round trip, so it would be good to be able bring my own hack (not a mouldie).  Also is flying at Whitesheet only normally for club members and participants in any organised event, or more generally open?

Hi Straight Edge,

its nice to hear that you are interested in coming along to the South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase day'. 

You are most welcome to bring a model along & enjoy flying on our beautiful Wiltshire slopes

In answer to your questions regarding the Whitesheet RFC;-  The area of Whitesheet Down that we use is a National Trust property and adequate insurance is mandatory. The National Trust ask that all visiting flyers contact the Club before flying. We ask that you read the ‘Club Rules’ before your visit to ensure this site remains available to us.

Annual membership to the club is £10.00 

The Whitesheet rfc website will give you all the info you may require about our club  ;- Whitesheet RFC .

Very happy to help with any further questions you may have.

I hope then to see you for the event next Sunday 👍

Regards,

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec. 

StraightEdge

Hi Stu

Thanks so much for that.  Got BMFA insurance, had a look at the website and will read the rules.  Looking forward to coming along - and possibly joining in due course.

Jon

Gromit
1 hour ago, StraightEdge said:

Hi Stu

Thanks so much for that.  Got BMFA insurance, had a look at the website and will read the rules.  Looking forward to coming along - and possibly joining in due course.

Jon

Excellent, I look forward to meeting you & enjoying the day 👍

Stu. 

Gromit

445954129_whitesheetghostlogo(Small).jpg.3f68754dadfef13aba5c017ec12a42fe.jpg

The Whitesheet RFC presents.

South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase day' June 16th 2019

Hi All,

Weather Call ;-   I will be posting a weather call for this coming Sunday's event, tomorrow evening ie Friday 14th June . 

Really looking forward to what will be a fantastic / unique opportunity for everyone to have a really good look at many of  the 'Cracking' models available at South Coast Sailplanes, & to chat about them with owner Peter Payne  

Peter will be bringing along many of his own personal models, these being fully installed & flight ready. During the day conditions permitting Peter will be putting many of these models in the air ; - Stingray,  Prismaray,  Bhyron,  Graecalis , Swift 3.2 m,  Swift 2.5 m  Ventus 2 c,   Excallibur,  Sword 2mtr DS,  Funray,  Vettore.  

For full details of the day please see my opening post in this thread .

Stu, Whitesheet Comp Sec. 

Gromit

1793898415_logo-new(Small).thumb.jpg.806afd859b446a3048177478b7eced13.jpg

Hi All,

I am delighted to announce that with the various forecasts all showing a dry day with a15 mph SW, this event is ON. 

South Coast Sailplanes will be on the slope from around 10.00am - 4.00pm . 

The Whitesheet RFC, & South Coast Sailplanes owner Peter Payne are looking  forward to welcoming you to this unique 'Show case' event. 

Stu, Whitesheet RFC 

Swalleau

Hi Stu,

Should be there from midday.  Stingray and Xcalibur in van.

Iain

IMG_1892.JPG

Gromit
59 minutes ago, Swalleau said:

Hi Stu,

Should be there from midday.  Stingray and Xcalibur in van.

Iain

'Cracking ' , I look forward to seeing  & enjoying the day with you 👍 

Stu. 

Gromit

Looking forward to a 'Cracking' day at Whitesheet today for the South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase' 😎.

Stu, Whitesheet RFC 

wookman

Thanks to all who made for a "cracking" day at the South Coast Sailplanes Showcase day. Great lift, gliders, company and cake! 😋

• Like 1

Gromit

548761276_logo-new(Small).thumb.jpg.a5391cf639e7a6ae37c0c9172963936f.jpg

Hi All,

Just a quick post from myself this evening to give my thanks, & those on behalf of South Coast Sailplanes owner Peter Payne, to everyone who came along to the South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase day' today, it was a 'cracking' day.

The flying conditions we had today were those of Whitesheet at its very best 😎

The day starting with a 15 mph SW, this built steadily to a very buoyant smooth & thermally 35 mph SW. The day being dry throughout. 

I'l be posting lots of  info & pics about the day tomorrow (Monday ).

719489030_whitesheetghostlogo(Small).jpg.cc3b73a3d29d2a8f0e938571d21e3cc8.jpg

Stu, Whitesheet RFC Comp Sec. 

• Like 2

isoaritfirst

Very glad the day was a success Stu. Looking forward to seeing the pictures

• Like 1

Andy_B

Yes Stu ................pictures 

• Haha 1

rwhitt

Was a good day...just one pic from me...uploading a video to YouTube at the moment 👍

Russell

20190616_134508.jpg

• Thanks 1

rwhitt

Need to turn the sound down, wind noise on the mic!!

• Thanks 2

Gromit

Whitesheet RFC.

South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase day' June 16th 2019.

884062838_IMG_6942(1024x683).thumb.jpg.d651b90bc3211be6328e8aaef54a0700.jpg

Hi All, 

Above,   owner Peter Payne posing with just some of his own personal models from the selection that he brought along to the 'Showcase day'. All these models being available at South Coast Sailplanes,.

Models from front to back are ;-  X Models Stingray,  X Models Bhyon,   X Models Sword DS,  X Models Excalibur,  X Models Ventus 2C.

The  model that I myself have personally been particularly excited about seeing  has been the new Vettore. This is the recently released new model by Voloinpendio in co-operation with their friend Giuseppe Ghisleri.

The Vettore is a 4 mtr  T Tail glider, designed for both thermal and aerobatic flight.

Having  only maidened his own Vettore just days ago, this being along the Jurrasic coast cliffs on the Isle of Purbeck Dorset, I was delighted that Peter brought  this gorgeous looking model along. Pete duly demonstrated the model beautifully & to good effect, putting the Vettore through its paces on what was a 'big air day' on the Whitesheet slopes. 

669797619_IMG_6884(1024x683).thumb.jpg.6d71be6d75da82990a9e570e099066b8.jpg

Above, Peter Payne with the new Voloinpendio  Vettore after having given an impressive display of flying. 

926731996_IMG_6895(1024x683).thumb.jpg.f96c98ee6b2b13de12ea3b15c8553688.jpg

Above, Peters Vettore on a fast pass along our beautiful Whitesheet slopes, Stourhead house in the background.

Description & specifications of the Vettore can be found here on the SCSP website;-  http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/vettore

My wait to see this model was well rewarded, it truly is 'Cracking' in both looks & performance :drool: .

Stu, Whitesheet RFC .

• Like 1

Gromit
4 hours ago, rwhitt said:

Need to turn the sound down, wind noise on the mic!!

Thank you very much Russell for posting your video 👍

The pilot of the Stingray in the video is Ian Rose, forum name being Swalleau. 

Those of you who know Ian will know very well how very highly skilled a pilot he is. During the day Ian put his own Stingray in the air & through its paces a number of times, on each occasion treating us all to a masterclass  display of flying big aerobatic manoeuvres in the big air. Thank you so much for doing so Ian :thumbsup:

Stu, Whitesheet RFC 

• Like 1