Gromit

Whitesheet RFC, South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase day'.

Gromit

1645341984_IMG_7023(1024x683).thumb.jpg.8f25eb31372537bb724b98333c7e27e3.jpg

Above;- Ian Rose & Peter Payne with their Stingrays.

Following the 'Showcase' I am now very inspired & cant wait to at last crack on with the installation of my own Stingray. 

Ian & Peter were only too pleased to pass on to me their knowledge, experience, hints, tips & advice regarding both building & setting the model up, thank you both very much guys 👍.

1078888808_IMG_6865(1024x704).thumb.jpg.931b9a63f7a5ce237b32009189ef9e48.jpg

Above, Peter's Stingray carving up the skies. 

Peter too put on an excellent display of Stingray flying, performing huge aero's and doing high speed runs.  

Stingray details & specifications here ;-  http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/stingray

Stu, Whitesheet RFC. 

• Like 2

Gromit

Huge thanks from myself & on behalf of everyone at the event, to Whitesheet RFC member Mike Bleathman. This for keeping us all well fed throughout the day by cooking Bacon rolls & bringing along the very best Victoria sponge I have ever eaten., thank you  Mike 

544670570_IMG_6968(683x1024)(534x800).jpg.d96a78845f76011dddfd239884c53bca.jpg

Above,  Mike & the 'British Bake off' Victoria sponge :drool:

Stu, Whitesheet RFC. 

• Haha 1

Mikeb52

It was a pleasure Stu. I will pass on your compliments to the senior management, regarding the cake. It was a great day, with good winds. That Mr Rose  was a complete hooligan, brilliant to watch! Thanks to you Stu, for setting it all up. 

Mike. 

• Thanks 1

Swalleau
1 hour ago, Gromit said:

Thank you very much Russell for posting your video 👍

The pilot of the Stingray in the video is Ian Rose, forum name being Swalleau. 

Those of you who know Ian will know very well how very highly skilled a pilot he is. During the day Ian put his own Stingray in the air & through its paces a number of times, on each occasion treating us all to a masterclass  display of flying big aerobatic manoeuvres in the big air. Thank you so much for doing so Ian :thumbsup:

Stu, Whitesheet RFC 

Thank you for your kind word Stu.  It was a good day, thank you for setting it up and getting Pete to bring the range with him.

I thoroughly enjoyed giving the Stingray a light workout.

As you know I am a big fan of the X Stingray.  In the first year I had it I flew it virtually every outing.

Iain

• Like 1

Swalleau
4 hours ago, Gromit said:

Whitesheet RFC.

South Coast Sailplanes 'Showcase day' June 16th 2019.

884062838_IMG_6942(1024x683).thumb.jpg.d651b90bc3211be6328e8aaef54a0700.jpg

Hi All, 

Above,   owner Peter Payne posing with just some of his own personal models from the selection that he brought along to the 'Showcase day'. All these models being available at South Coast Sailplanes,.

Models from front to back are ;-  X Models Stingray,  X Models Bhyon,   X Models Sword DS,  X Models Excalibur,  X Models Ventus 2C.

The  model that I myself have personally been particularly excited about seeing  has been the new Vettore. This is the recently released new model by Voloinpendio in co-operation with their friend Giuseppe Ghisleri.

The Vettore is a 4 mtr  T Tail glider, designed for both thermal and aerobatic flight.

Having  only maidened his own Vettore just days ago, this being along the Jurrasic coast cliffs on the Isle of Purbeck Dorset, I was delighted that Peter brought  this gorgeous looking model along. Pete duly demonstrated the model beautifully & to good effect, putting the Vettore through its paces on what was a 'big air day' on the Whitesheet slopes. 

669797619_IMG_6884(1024x683).thumb.jpg.6d71be6d75da82990a9e570e099066b8.jpg

Above, Peter Payne with the new Voloinpendio  Vettore after having given an impressive display of flying. 

926731996_IMG_6895(1024x683).thumb.jpg.f96c98ee6b2b13de12ea3b15c8553688.jpg

Above, Peters Vettore on a fast pass along our beautiful Whitesheet slopes, Stourhead house in the background.

Description & specifications of the Vettore can be found here on the SCSP website;-  http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/vettore

My wait to see this model was well rewarded, it truly is 'Cracking' in both looks & performance :drool: .

Stu, Whitesheet RFC .

Wish I’d seen this go!  Hoping I can get together with Peter soon and give it a try😉😉

Iain

• Like 1

Gromit

1316377299_IMG_7010(1024x661).thumb.jpg.370a9cf9d24e7cdc9608dc6d6688f466.jpg

Above, Another gorgeous model, Peter with his Voloinpendio Graecalis.

Frustratingly a flap servo decided that the 'Showcase day' was the one for it to begin playing  up on. Thankfully however this occurred  during  pre flight checks. 

Looking on the bright side though, it does of course mean that Peter will have to return to Whitesheet with the Graecalis at a future date 😎.

Graecalis details & spec here http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/graecalis

Stu, Whitesheet RFC. 

• Like 1

Gromit

2013295937_IMG_6931(1024x786).thumb.jpg.348217b3217bd0cff5a1a4e7588b8f26.jpg

Above, Peter with X Models Stingray & X Models Bhyon.

1895844098_IMG_6926(1024x683).thumb.jpg.7c70eb110171a4a5f24510748c841dbd.jpg

Above, The X Models Bhyon 

X Models designed the  Bhyon for high performance in lighter wind conditions, it has a thin wing profile that takes advantage of the variation of camber.

Sadly there was not enough time for Peter to show off the flight capabilities of the Bhyon, Peter will therefore be returning with the Bhyon at a future event 😎

Bhyon description & Spec here http://www.south-coast-sailplanes.com/bhyon

Stu, Whitesheet RFC. 

• Like 1