Recommended throws on an old 1.5m Longshot DLG if you please

Marc RC pilot

Marc RC pilot

It has ailerons, elevator and rudder.  Should I be using a diff on the ailerons? If so how much?

Also, will my 300mAh 4.8V battery pack have enough flyable juice with the 4 servos and all(two of which a rather large/other two are micro)? 

Thanks

If the tail surfaces are wood, it's probably a Long Shot 1.  Use the Long Shot 4 throws.

I noticed that it's set up for a left handed launch, with the throw peg on the right wing and the rudder horn on the left side of the rudder.

Marc RC pilot

Thanks Mike. Yes it is made in wood (with holes cut out for weight).

It has quite a intricate control surface string system. Pic to follow. And the tail boom is pretty bent from a previous repair/owner. Looking forwards to getting her up in the blue for a try. 

so what servo's do you currently have in this model?

I'm not familiar with running NICADS.    My DLG's use single cell 3.7v lipos.

specs for those state

Voltage:

4.8 or 6.0V

so looks like your in the right area with your NICADS.   300mah won't give you much run time,  but test on the bench thoroughly for voltage and any sagging.     When you fly it, check the voltage regularly.

Best bet is to speak to the person you purchased it from and ask what they used and what sort of flight times they were getting.

Marc RC pilot
Just now, cirrusRC said:

specs for those state

so looks like your in the right area with your NICADS.   300mah won't give you much run time,  but test on the bench thoroughly for voltage and any sagging.     When you fly it, check the voltage regularly.

Best bet is to speak to the person you purchased it from and ask what they used and what sort of flight times they were getting.

Thanks for the good advice cRC and will do.