pete beadle

Meeting with Baroness Vere of Norbiton on 4th June 2019

Steve J
On 23/08/2019 at 19:50, pete beadle said:

I predict this fact is going to be the final nail in the BMFA's coffin....... at least I hope so

On 23/08/2019 at 21:06, pete beadle said:

With any luck NO-ONE will step forward to fill the BMFA's role and we flyers will be able to represent ourselves - let's see how the politicians deal with thousands of individuals and no spokesman..........and especially no organisation representing the cause of our problems - the drone flyers themselves:frantics:now that I've GOT to see!

I think that is very sad that you think that the BMFA should collapse because they had the audacity to accept members who fly toy aeroplanes that you don't approve of.

By the way, FPVUK currently has around 3000 members.

Steve

• Sad 1

Fletch
3 hours ago, Quaddra said:

No required licence to purchase any of the aforementioned, well maybe the vest.

Made me laugh. I believe a certain book covers that requirement.

I checked out the requirements for sub 70kg foot launched aircraft with the BMAA(British Microlight Aircraft Association) and I was surprised how little, well none actually, regulations there were. NO registration of the aircraft, NO pilot licence, NO medical or self statement of fitness, etc etc. In fact no nothing, just buy and fly. Preferable to have a short training course to avoid killing yourself. I watch from my front window the para motor flyers taking off from the beach and wish I was not in my 70's. Show how totally OTT the DRES is!

• Like 1

pete beadle
32 minutes ago, Steve J said:

think that is very sad that you think that the BMFA should collapse because they had the audacity to accept members who fly toy aeroplanes that you don't approve of.

Hi SteveJ

I really find it truly amazing to see my statements regarding the BMFA mis-reported like this

I'll say it again, the BMFA are solely responsible for the statements made by Manny Williamson that DRONE pilots should be welcomed into the BMFA in order that they can obtain insurance, and be trained, especially regarding safety matters. Without the prior permission of the membership being obtained they are allying ALL our membership with drone operators and ensuring that WE model flyers will  take the blame for the, often illegal, things they are caught doing

I approve of the flying of drones in a safe manner, I DON'T agree with the BMFA's acceptance that EVERYONE who flies small unmanned radio controlled aircraft are DRONE flyers and are now being represented by the BMFA because of this fact.

In my opinion it is SOLELY the BMFA's fault that the flying of drones and radio controlled model aircraft are now irrevocably intertwined, and, THIS will be the cause of their downfall and it will be their fault entirely. I take no pleasure in predicting this, in fact, it is the cause of great sadness to me.........oddly it also keeps reminding me that I never joined the BMFA .....I joined the Society of Model Aeronautical Engineers.....NOT DRONES 'R US!

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702 

• Like 1

Mikeb52
21 hours ago, wookman said:

Thousands of individuals will just be ignored in the usual way.

Regulations that make sense, heaven forfend. 

Seems to me, that politicians aren’t taking much notice of 17 million individuals, fat chance of them taking any notice of a few thousand, unfortunately. The powers that be, just seem to want us swept away. The great history and safety record of this hobby of ours, over the last half century, seems to mean absolutely nothing to them. I will keep on flying regardless, and if plod wants to come up the hill to confront me, so be it. 

• Like 1