Stormeflyer

E6000 glue (Goop equivalent) UK

Woodstock

This stuff is so good, most of my household is held together with it! High strength combined with flexibility (and it sticks to anything) is a potent combination.  I recommend buying a bunch of small tubes as larger ones can go off relatively quickly. I never want to be without it..

• Haha 1

Stormeflyer

Yes, I used to get Goop direct from the States through a colleague, until you use it you don’t realise what you have been missing 😀

• Like 1

Stormeflyer

Woodstock 

I've already thought of a way to utilise larger tubes, I squeeze out the bottom bit first so it doesn’t dry out 😳

satinet

It looks like palmers metals doesn't sell it any more.

Woodstock
On 07/06/2019 at 13:44, Stormeflyer said:

Woodstock 

I've already thought of a way to utilise larger tubes, I squeeze out the bottom bit first so it doesn’t dry out 😳

Sadly, that's not going to help.  This stuff isn't normal.  It dries out from the front usually.   If your tube is going off, squeeze it into a glass jar with a decent lid, and add in a little standard thinners (enough to form a seal on the top of the Goop).

Woodstock
On 07/06/2019 at 14:09, satinet said:

It looks like palmers metals doesn't sell it any more.

No. They've wimped out.

Quite a few eBay sellers  offer it now though..

Stormeflyer
19 minutes ago, Woodstock said:

Sadly, that's not going to help.  This stuff isn't normal.  It dries out from the front usually.   If your tube is going off, squeeze it into a glass jar with a decent lid, and add in a little standard thinners (enough to form a seal on the top of the Goop).

Hi Woodstock

I know what you mean, it’s like Polyurethane glue once the air gets to it it’s already on the turn. My order hasn’t turned up yet. It said U.K. supplier................but the payment was in Chinese! 🤔

Hopefully it won’t be old stock and I get enough to glue my Gulp SR and NCFM Halfpipe to their wing beds 😂

I thought the price was good for 3.7 fl/oz but now you mention smaller tubes................Doh!

Darren_O

IMG_20190608_184655943.thumb.jpg.bdb641eb42cef1b04fcc29914175c45c.jpg

Is this a similar product? I get this off Amazon UK. Very good 

• Like 1

Stormeflyer

Hi Darren

Thats a new one on me but looks very interesting, I’ve searched high and low with various company data sheets to find an equivalent to U.S Goop as there must be something out there with similar properties. 

Darren_O

I've tried a few, worst was "fantastic elastic" was thick and dry on arrival. This french one flows nicely and sticks to anything. Cheap compared to alternatives

Stormeflyer

So after a bit of a delay the Goop has finally arrived, clearly the delivery driver doesn’t understand the words “fragile” but the tube is intact.

I note it’s being offered by another seller in Ireland for £5.99 for 110ml tubes which makes it even more of a bargain, the 30ml tubes are £3.99! 🤔

Now to begin surgery on my Gulp DS

764B58B1-624B-473F-B56F-2206F41EBBB2.thumb.jpeg.f655992e34321068207288e615c458c3.jpeg

• Like 1

Sloper
On 08/06/2019 at 22:06, Stormeflyer said:

Hi Darren

Thats a new one on me but looks very interesting, I’ve searched high and low with various company data sheets to find an equivalent to U.S Goop as there must be something out there with similar properties. 

anyone tried the Zap Goo from the US:

Zap Goo PT-12

Stormeflyer
3 hours ago, Sloper said:

Zap Goo PT-12

3 hours ago, Sloper said:

Zap Goo PT-12

Hi Sloper, I haven’t tried that one personally. I used to get my Goop direct from the States. For things like securing fins to the fuselage it is as though it’s all a one piece but is flexible. It’s cheap as chips out there but a very superior glue