Marc Sinclair

Battery/charger check/advice please

Marc Sinclair

I am  going to place an order for some batteries for a couple of gliders (Algebra 3m and Longshot 1 ).

Have I chosen the correct charger for the batteries?  

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/checkout/cart/

Thank you.

Marc 

PS Thanks to Pete for that Component shop link; got to be the cheapest prices around! 👍

Marc Sinclair

pete beadle

Hi Marc

Both of those batteries could be charged by standard wall mounted trickle chargers....which I assume you already have(?)  Last year I bought SIX standard chargers (Tx and Rx, trickle charge) from JR, Futaba and Hitec , at an auction, for a TENNER - for the six.........compete with plugs and leads:yes: - they're out there!

You need to ask yourself whether you need a Fast charger, a LiPo charger/balancer, or a Multicharger - (3 or more at once), or any other type of battery other than a standard charger charges....and WHY you need anything other than a standard wall-mounted charger

So, what do you NEED?

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Marc Sinclair

Hi Pete

It's more a question of what I need your right. Lipo/fast/balancer/multichargers/mA's/volts etc...Makes my head spin to be honest...Bear with me Pete please, still on that rusty old learning curve.

At the moment I own one Intelligent USB Nimh 200mA 4.8V trickle-when-full charger; I will definitely need another one for charging  my multiple battery packs (especially the larger packs that take longer to charge).  

A tenner sounds dam good for all those chargers! But I get your point thx.

Cheers

Marc 

Marc Sinclair

Parts arrived and all good.

I cannot recommend the Component Shop enough. Great prices, quick delivery, happy days.

Thanks for help and advice.

Cheers

Marc 

20190612_080032.jpg

pete beadle

Hi Marc

Looks like you're fully kitted out now!

Yes, this Vapex3000 mA smart charger at £12.95 from Component Shop looks ideal - well done! and, as you say MUCH cheaper (20%) better price than other potential suppliers,,,,,GO Component Shop!:thumbsup:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Marc Sinclair

Hi Pete

I went for the Vapex 500 mA under advice from shop (they said 3000mA could fry the batteries).

Marc Sinclair

Slowly getting there Pete. Just waiting for a break in weather to get flying etc.

Thx m8

Brett82
1 hour ago, Marc Sinclair said:

I cannot recommend the Component Shop enough

I think there are many on here who will agree with you on that, myself included. 

Brett

• Like 2

Marc Sinclair

Cheers