Marc RC pilot

Rcsoaringdigest

pete beadle

Hi Marc

Closed down in 2018........their "library" is still there though.......

The magazine I wish was still going was "Aufwind English"  sadly missed but, unbelievably Kai Erdmann, the editor, couldn't get the eighteen subscriptions in the UK that would have kept it viable........eighteen, for goodness sake!:frantics:....almost makes me feel nostalgic for "Model Flyer":(

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1

Marc RC pilot

Only 18 Pete!...That's sad indeed.

I remember mags like "RC soarer" I think it was called...Every thing seems to be on intersnizzle in one form or another now, but I do miss those glossy paper RC mags of old.

Cheers

Marc  

MAZ

I think the extortionate price for Aufwind was a factor for the English edition

pete beadle

Hi MAZ

Good to hear from you....

But the pictures in Aufwind were so beautiful! Full page, some in B&W, they were all ideal for the wall of the den:)

But then, I thought the price increase of all the UK monthly mags to over a £1.00 was extortionate too - with their page after page of amateurish, hand-drawn ads!:yes:

Just goes to prvne that everything in the UK seems to be sold on price alone - not value these days.....

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

MAZ

Agreed Pete, been to Germany a few times of late and each time source the newsagent stand to purchase said mag, even though it’s in German, one can easily decipher what’s going on, format is great, but could not justify the price of the translated version,  damn shame.

MAZ.

• Like 1