CANCELLED!!!!Malvern Saturday 15th June.

thechalster

The picture below was the access tunnel with the river at 3.4m at Saxon's Lode near Upton-upon-Severn.  There must be a lag in the tunnel flood as I guess it has to seep through the ground to get in there.  There is a general flood alert in the area now.    Check the current level at Saxon's Lode here:-

https://www.gaugemap.co.uk/#!Detail/21/23

229F1B37-AA50-4EE5-A6C5-F769A245BF60.jpeg

Message received. 

I’d be interested in a non-scoring fun event but no ideas for a location I’m afraid. 

Got it, as Mike F said, clue's in the title, I'm up for a get together if we get any flyable weather on the horizon.

It almost looked a great day for flying today at the MSA field, although that Blue sky was a slight break as the dark clouds passed, and the other side of the road, I think that's what's left of the park bench.

fullsizeoutput_24c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_24d.jpeg

I would have waded in if I had my fishing clothing in the car to really check, but it looked worse than the photo you posted on Thursday. There was some really heavy downpours on the way to the field and the sky looked threatening all day. Wouldn't surprise me if the river was still on the rise. It certainly killed the fishing for the river season opener tomorrow (well now, June the 16th!) 

Even if you got through the tunnel, the field was not comfortable to stand in at all, I was very soggy on the way home.

Lets hope for great weather again at the centre like last time. 

• Like 1

Latest news is access under the bridge is not far off a meter under water now. Good job I never attempted to get through haha