thechalster

CANCELLED!!!!Malvern Saturday 15th June.

thechalster

Cancelled!!!!

Well it’s time me for me to have ago and CDing again.   

BMFA F3K League 15th June 2019 Malvern.  at the Malvern Soaring Association field in Upton on Severn.

To enter please let me know here with name, freq and BMFA number.  Deadline for entries 1800 and final weather call Friday 14th June.  Check back here before travelling in case of a last minute cancellation

BMFA membership required.  £10 on the day entry fee .  As always, first time competition pilots very welcome. Please arrive by 0930 latest for the first round to start at 1000.

Directions to the field here.

Some bonus directions as a few people have found it tricky previously: Google Maps satellite image view shows it very clearly. Exit the A4104 onto E(ast) Waterside. Drive to the end and turn right, heading back under the A4104 into the field. You'll end up driving along the Severn way pretty much. Please stick to driving along the track on the edge of the field. We'll park up about where the tent is on the Google maps image (shown as of 30/5/17). 

The gate under the bridge will be managed from about 0900-0930 for competitors to drive onto the field.  Then it will be locked again.  It can be opened again during the day if competitors need to drive in and out. Spectators are welcome, but unless they want to stay all day like competitors,  will need to park on the right along the slip road just off the main road.  The parking here is obvious and used by locals who come to walk the footpath around the field. Our club hosts are sensitive about vehicle access to the field, and we will be too busy flying, timing and running a comp (or at least trying to) to be back and forward all day to the gate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Mike Challinor 

2 Neil Harrison

3 Paul R

4 Mark Evans

5 Paul Gleeson 

6 David P

7 Simon B

8 Neil P

9 Gavin S

10 Paul Carrington 

11 Mike Stern

Cancelled!

PaulR

Count me in. 

Paul Robinson BMFA 184146

Mark Evans

Put me down please, Mike. Although I'm really struggling with a NRJ I got for this weekend so there's a chance I may not fly yet but I'll still be coming along.

Er....I think my BMFA is 200176

Paul Gleeson

Planning to be there. 

BMFA 127979

Hoping for better weather (and a better score!)

cirrusRC

yes please - for most this will be the last comp until August.     I've currently got no field so not flown since Little Bentley - withdrawal symptoms.

high pressure not due until later in the month so fingers crossed for the weekend.

Simon B

I'll be there, thanks Mike.

CTR

Me too. Hope for a break in the weather for Saturday 🙄

Neil P

Gavin_st

yes please

Paul Gleeson

“Directions to the field here”

should there be a web link?

cirrusRC

Just read last year's thread..........

Directions Here

thechalster
8 hours ago, Paul Gleeson said:

8 hours ago, Paul Gleeson said:

Yes. Link did not not cut and paste from last year please follow cirrusRC link above.

MikeDLG

Enter me in please. 

mikef

I am in touch with the Malvern Club who allow us to use Fish Meadow by the river at Upton upon Severn.  The Meadow is liable to flooding, the clue's in the name, and the first thing that happens is that the access under the A4104 bridge  gets flooded so that cars can't get through.  We are watching the situation - so don't travel without checking back here first.  At the moment, the river is rising and we need to allow for a delay of about 2 days for the water to drain from Wales.

Watch this space!

• Like 1

mikef

The river has risen spectacularly in the last 24 hours - it's not looking good for Saturday.

• Sad 1

Paul Gleeson

Forecast shows more wind and rain in the area, as well as the flow from Wales....

Mark Evans

Yeah, at the moment the river is at 3.1m so over the height to get under the bridge. I was gonna take a driver over to see how it's looking but running too late this morning now before work. 

• Like 1

thechalster

Sorry guys,  received word from Malvern club.  This Contest is cancelled due to flooding on field access.

Can all that have entered so far please acknowledge this.

Mike C

cirrusRC

Thanks Mike - gutted.

Is there any chance of a non league scoring contest before the world's?  Any interest? Any suitable field at short notice?

tonym

Little Bentley is available any weekend between now and the WC, its just in the wrong place 😞  I'm happy to run a contest, or even two over a weekend (one each day) if some people could only make one day.

If Little Bentley is a viable option, someone start a new thread and we'll take it from there.

Tony

• Like 2