Munch197

Hanging a moulded glider on the wall

Munch197

Pretty much as per title. 

Contemplating hanging one of my moulded models on the wall above the sofa in the living room, wings on the lot. Beats some dodgy 'art' thing. 

Best way of doing it that I've thought of so far is using guitar wall mounts. But I'm not completely convinced about leaving it hanging on leading edges etc. 

Just a thought if anyone has done similar? Or any photos or superior ideas?

pete beadle

Hi Munch197

Just getting my head round the fact you've got a SPARE mouldie to hang up in the living room! Posh!:)

In the days when I used to make Airfix kits I used to suspend my spare ones on fishing line tied to cup hooks screwed into the ceiling:yes:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

satinet

Yes with a wing and tail. Hung the wing off brackets fixed to the servo frames. 

Marc Sinclair

Found this if helps Munch: 

• Like 1

Redbird

I have always just dropped the nose through a loop of string hanging down from a single nail or screw. Easy to take down for use and to replace but can wobble about in draughts.

Phil.Taylor

Good luck - photos please when its "hung"

I've got the artwork (see avatar - Mondrian scheme Fletcher) - but SWMBO would go ballistic at the thought of that on the wall 😢

My away-from-home living space did have an Ahi propped up on a bookcase for a while to cheer the place up 😊

Phil.

Feefo

Looks like he used tool hooks

VZM.IMG_20160706_204148.jpg

Munch197

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

Sort of found the plan I like but cannot work out just what this is holding the boom.

Foto 10.06.14 21 24 11.jpg

Brett82

Look at something similar to this. I dont think the centre roller section is steel, I think its just the base but might be worth a phone call to check. 

https://www.manomano.co.uk/catalogue/p/15x-steel-wall-mounted-mop-organiser-broom-holder-wall-mount-broom-hanger-10890766

Or just found these where it says it has a rubber roller.

https://malaysia.timbangharga.com/jomoo-store-10-pcs-new-wall-mounted-broom-holder-kitchen-bathroom-wall-mop-holder-magic-sticker-broom-mop-rack-malaysia/

Brett

Brett82

May not work for hanging one model but I like the look of this to hang F3* type thin fuselages off a wall. Could store 4 fusses next to each other on a wall. They can be found on the second link I posted above.

image.thumb.png.94b2eb3bc5f3bdcf4e5bae836f82c13e.png

Munch197

Brett - broom holders. What a cracking idea I'd not thought of, definitely look the same. 

Cheers for that. 

• Like 1

Marc Sinclair

I'm drooling over that green Shinto...

Great idea with broom holders! I would check working diameter range  on brackets to be sure. 

pete beadle

Hi all

I'm still reeling from the possibility that someone has FOUR cool mouldies to hang on their wall!:)

Regards

Pete

BARCS 1702

wookman

Pike WR Extreme, Carbon Sting, McMeekin Falcon, HN Extreme. 

Cool enough for thee?

Other mouldies are available!

pete beadle

Hi Wookman

Is there an envy emoji? I'll take a dozen!

BTW I was out at Ivinghoe flying a "Gentle Lady" and a wooden "Eliminator 100" yesterday.

All day sunshine. alternate BIG lift and BIG sink, good company, a swift half of Fuller, Smith and Turner's "London Pride" on the way home, back in time to find an ice cream van outside my door.....perfick!:):):)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702