Cancelled BMFA League F3K events on 10th and 11th August

mikef

We have the August 10/11 weekend booked at the National Model Flying Centre.

I am planning to run two separate one-day BMFA League events and I expecting some people to stay overnight for a social evening.

This would be an ideal opportunity for people who are thinking of starting DLG or those learning the subtleties to get help and advice.

More detail as the planning evolves - your inputs are welcome here.

ENTRY DETAILS HERE

MAKE SURE TO CHECK THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU TRAVEL,

• Like 1

Two comps sounds like a good idea from the point of view of those of us who want to fly them - but will that limit availability of competitors to provide the help and advice others will be looking for? I think to make that work there will need to be some well defined time slots to separate the activities. Then of course you have the variable weather to take into account too!

I'll be hoping to drive up on Friday night to be there all day Saturday and for as long as seems sensible on Sunday to compete and help out where I can.

Splitting the event into two contests is about getting an extra league event into the calendar.

The first contest would finish about 1600-1700 on the Saturday, leaving the rest of the evening free for general flying/coaching.  We could have a long lunch break to allow for some coaching activity if required in the middle of the day.  We could use a three slot format if it needs to be more relaxed - folks would have more time to interact during the rounds that way.

In the evening, indoor facilities are available, if we want anything from a panel discussion to one-on-one sessions.  Bring your own refreshments.

The second contest on the Sunday would keep some of the experts there overnight.  With a 1000 start, there would be time for some more coaching involving folks who stayed overnight or arrived early.

All the presentation materials we have used at the previous events could be available too but I'd rather not have a formal timetable beyond the above - if it's good weather we want to be flying.

I'm all for an extra event!

I guess I was thinking of it as a "Come and try" weekend with a competition running too - but its more like a relaxed double competition with some coaching/info sharing possibilities between rounds and pre/post comp too.

Sounds good to me.

Paul Gleeson

Sounds good. 

definitely need some time for new comers to get some coaching and experience a DLG

having a competition running at the same time with 3 rounds gives a round off for each pilot to get talk to the new guys

lets hope for the weather we had at Easter!

Paul

I shall come along to this, I find watching the competitors fly really instructive on its own. 

Hopefully my CX4 will still be in one piece by then! 

How will it work regarding entries etc, if you don’t actually fly the league events? 

• Like 2

Paul Gleeson

I think you just enter. Doesn’t matter if its a league event or not. 

I plan to be there both days. 

• 2 weeks later...
Neil Harrison

I am very pleased to announce that Team Superfly Pilot, 2019 French Open Champion and 2019 German Open Champion, Quentin Phillipe will be in attendance for the August come try it weekend.

This is a fantastic opportunity for all levels of pilot to learn and improve their skills in all aspects of F3K and DLG.

We look forward again to a well supported event,  see you all there! 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, can’t make it after all. 

Hope the weather is good for the weekend and you have a great time. 

Regards

Neil P

This event is split into two contests.  The first contest will be 1000 to about 1600-1700 on the Saturday, leaving the rest of the evening free for general flying/coaching.  We may have a lunch break to allow for some coaching activity if required in the middle of the day.  We may use a three slot format to be more relaxed - folks will have more time to interact during the rounds that way.

In the evening, indoor facilities will be available, if we want anything from a panel discussion to one-on-one sessions.  Bring your own refreshments.

The second contest on the Sunday would keep some of the experts there overnight.  With a 1000 start, there would be time for some more coaching involving folks who stayed overnight or arrived early.

All the presentation materials we have used at the previous events could be available too but I'd rather not have a formal timetable beyond the above - if it's good weather we want to be flying.

Don't forget that Team Superfly Pilot, 2019 French Open Champion and 2019 German Open Champion, Quentin Phillipe will be in attendance for the weekend.

==========================================================================================

To get entries started, please let us know which day(s) you want to enter/spectate and I'll start a table for each.  Post here or PM.

Event attendance £10 per day for competitors or 'spectators/beginners'.  Non competitors are welcome to fly DLG models before or after the contest or in the lunch break if we have one.  Help provided for entrants new to F3K.

Camping £8 per night

Please book here and pay on the day.

For further information post questions here.

For field specific information see the BMFA web-site, call 0116 2441091 or email manny@bmfa.org