Cancelled BMFA League F3K events on 10th and 11th August

mikef

Spoke to Manny.  Only Mike C booked in with the BMFA.  I have spent the last half hour taking steps to try and get warnings of cancellation onto the BMFA calendars.  Richard P, the 'Man on the Phone' at Buckminster today is aware of the situation.

More info at lunch time but you can see what Saturday’s forecast is like......

1 hour ago, mikef said:

Spoke to Manny.  Only Mike C booked in with the BMFA.  I have spent the last half hour taking steps to try and get warnings of cancellation onto the BMFA calendars.  Richard P, the 'Man on the Phone' at Buckminster today is aware of the situation.

More info at lunch time but you can see what Saturday’s forecast is like......

Were we supposed to be booking with Manny - or was that just the non-competitors who might have been turning up?

I may be being overly optimistic, but the forecast for Sunday has slowly been improving in terms of wind.

I think an early call to officially cancel Saturday would be sensible and then we've got a little more time to try and get a sensible entry list for Sunday (assuming the forecast is half way reasonable).

The Saturday forecast is bad - Saturday's events are cancelled.

(Sunday is not as bad - decision tomorrow.)

No one has said they will be there for indoor activities on Saturday evening, so nothing is organised at all on Saturday.  If Sunday's event goes ahead and you need access on Saturday night to camp, PM me.

The Sunday decision will be late on Saturday afternoon.

The BMFA website sends people here so I hope we catch everybody with the news.

3 hours ago, PaulR said:

Were we supposed to be booking with Manny - or was that just the non-competitors who might have been turning up?

The 'booking' was aimed at non competitors.

I make it 7 entries for Sunday at the moment.  DOES ANYONE ELSE PLAN TO ENTER?  I will close entries at 1800 and make the final weather call immediately after that.

Paul R

Paul G

Carlos DS

Mike C

Neil H

Quentin P

Mike S

This would constitute a non-league event of 2 Slots with 3 or 4 pilots in each slot.

I am looking at 5 forecasts - they don't all give last update times. but where they do, I've put the time under the picture.

Weather.com.jpg

Weather.com No time of issue.  30-50 kph winds pm showers (limit 28.8 kph)

BBC 1436.jpg

BBC 1436.  15-17 mph,  chance of showers.  (limit 17.9 mph)

Windyty.jpg

Windyty no time of issue.  14-18 kts  dry (limit 15.6 kts)

XC 0600.jpg

XC 0600.  15-21 mph, showers.  (limit 17.9 mph)

Met Off 1400.jpg

Met Office 1400.  17-20 mph slight chance of a shower (limit 17.9 mph)

XC say they will update at 1755.

Neil Harrison

If it’s not going to be a league comp and the weather is too unpredictable then I would rather spend some time in the workshop....

Paul Gleeson

I’m with Mike & Neil.

Had that experience of wind and rain at the last comp.

When will the final call be made?

1 hour ago, mikef said:

I make it 7 entries for Sunday at the moment.  DOES ANYONE ELSE PLAN TO ENTER?  I will close entries at 1800 and make the final weather call immediately after that.

The XC weather forecast has updated early and now has increased wind speeds - still reducing in the afternoon but then with an increased chance of showers.

XC 1200Z.jpg