Jump to content

Cancelled BMFA League F3K events on 10th and 11th August


mikef
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Monz said:

Are there any shower facilities yet? 

Not as far as I'm aware. I'm pretty sure that they are still on the "to do list".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

thechalster

Hi mike,

Looking forward to it,  think the family might be coming along as well so plan to bring the caravan.

Put me down for both days

Mike c

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neil Harrison

Yes please Mike count me in for both days please...

Also can you enter Quentin Philippe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

Are you aware that this isn't on the BMFA site or are you waiting for numbers before going firm? I only ask as I was on the web page 5' ago seeing what was on. I know Manny is on holiday and Andy is on site as I spoke to him yesterday when I was up there flying. I'd hate for some power fliers turning up as some may be planning to do so looking at the web page.

Cheers, Tony

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't take credit for this at all I presume it might have been a member on here who passed the message on or Andy was doing a bit of catch up. Weather looks good for tomorrow so I'll be up there flying all day if you need anything passing on to Andy let me know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neil Harrison

Mike, will you be making a call at 6pm on both Friday and Saturday for Saturday and Sunday respectively?

 

F42DDEE1-72DA-44A1-BAC6-C5603F2E2779.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh dear, here we go  again.  My job for the week is worrying about the weather ready for another tough call.

Saturday looks bad Sunday is better.

I'll try to make an initial Saturday and Sunday call at lunchtime on Friday - final for Saturday at 1800 Friday.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thinking ahead.

It seems highly likely now that Saturday's wind speed will be over the limit (8m/s 17.9mph) to where the minimum of 4 rounds for a league event cannot be completed.   Clearly, any outdoor 'training' would also be futile in those circumstances.

If I cancel Saturday's Contest, is anyone inclined to turn up on Saturday for an afternoon/evening indoor session in case Sunday might allow some flying?  If not, it becomes a one day event on Sunday with a call at 1800 on Saturday for a possible cancellation if the weather still looks too rough.

Basically, would anyone attend a purely social, discussion event?

There are currently 7 pilots for both days.  We need eight to start for a valid league event.  This will be a factor in the overall thinking too.

BE SURE TO CHECK THIS THREAD BEFORE TRAVELLING

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It certainly looks like there is very little chance of Saturday being flyable unless there is a massive change in the forecast.

I'd be waiting for the weather call on Saturday evening before making the 4 hour drive so would arrive late on Saturday night. If we haven't got 8 pilots for Sunday then the weather discussion may be moot anyway...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neil Harrison

If Saturday is cancelled, then I will hold off until 18.00 decision on Saturday before committing to make the 6 hour round trip.

This would also depend on the number of people interested in attending the new comer sessions...…?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Mike,

Please put me down for both days, however should Saturday be canned and Sunday go ahead,  I would only arrive Sunday morning.

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.