Jump to content

Cancelled BMFA League F3K events on 10th and 11th August


mikef
 Share

Recommended Posts

Spoke to Manny.  Only Mike C booked in with the BMFA.  I have spent the last half hour taking steps to try and get warnings of cancellation onto the BMFA calendars.  Richard P, the 'Man on the Phone' at Buckminster today is aware of the situation.

More info at lunch time but you can see what Saturday’s forecast is like......

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mikef said:

Spoke to Manny.  Only Mike C booked in with the BMFA.  I have spent the last half hour taking steps to try and get warnings of cancellation onto the BMFA calendars.  Richard P, the 'Man on the Phone' at Buckminster today is aware of the situation.

More info at lunch time but you can see what Saturday’s forecast is like......

 

Were we supposed to be booking with Manny - or was that just the non-competitors who might have been turning up?

I may be being overly optimistic, but the forecast for Sunday has slowly been improving in terms of wind.

I think an early call to officially cancel Saturday would be sensible and then we've got a little more time to try and get a sensible entry list for Sunday (assuming the forecast is half way reasonable).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Saturday forecast is bad - Saturday's events are cancelled.

(Sunday is not as bad - decision tomorrow.)

No one has said they will be there for indoor activities on Saturday evening, so nothing is organised at all on Saturday.  If Sunday's event goes ahead and you need access on Saturday night to camp, PM me.

The Sunday decision will be late on Saturday afternoon.

The BMFA website sends people here so I hope we catch everybody with the news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PaulR said:

Were we supposed to be booking with Manny - or was that just the non-competitors who might have been turning up?

The 'booking' was aimed at non competitors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I make it 7 entries for Sunday at the moment.  DOES ANYONE ELSE PLAN TO ENTER?  I will close entries at 1800 and make the final weather call immediately after that.

Paul R

Paul G

Carlos DS

Mike C

Neil H

Quentin P

Mike S

This would constitute a non-league event of 2 Slots with 3 or 4 pilots in each slot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am looking at 5 forecasts - they don't all give last update times. but where they do, I've put the time under the picture.

Weather.com.jpg

Weather.com No time of issue.  30-50 kph winds pm showers (limit 28.8 kph)

BBC 1436.jpg

BBC 1436.  15-17 mph,  chance of showers.  (limit 17.9 mph)

Windyty.jpg

Windyty no time of issue.  14-18 kts  dry (limit 15.6 kts)

XC 0600.jpg

XC 0600.  15-21 mph, showers.  (limit 17.9 mph)

Met Off 1400.jpg

Met Office 1400.  17-20 mph slight chance of a shower (limit 17.9 mph)

XC say they will update at 1755.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Neil Harrison

If it’s not going to be a league comp and the weather is too unpredictable then I would rather spend some time in the workshop....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul Gleeson

I’m with Mike & Neil.

Had that experience of wind and rain at the last comp.

When will the final call be made?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mikef said:

I make it 7 entries for Sunday at the moment.  DOES ANYONE ELSE PLAN TO ENTER?  I will close entries at 1800 and make the final weather call immediately after that.

............

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The XC weather forecast has updated early and now has increased wind speeds - still reducing in the afternoon but then with an increased chance of showers.

XC 1200Z.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.