Jump to content

F5J competition 28 July, Bartletts


Recommended Posts

Nick Jackson

Competition 28th is off.  Sorry to disappoint - explanation below

There will be an F5J competition Sunday 28 July at Bartletts Field, Rettendon, Essex. 9-45 briefing for 10am start, please. Scores will count for the BMFA League but this will be a relaxed competition suitable for new as well as experienced competitors, with plenty of help available for newcomers.

The competition will be run to F5J rules with UK variations as published by the BMFA. The main points for BMFA F5J comps are:
- Either Open or 2m may be flown, not both.
- Motor restart may be used (results in a zero flight score), and therefore non-FAI firmware set to at least 300m may be used.
- Your timekeeper must be able to check your launch height immediately after landing (so you need a reader if not displayed on your height limiter).
- The hope is to fly 6 rounds - minimum of 4 . No fly-offs.

Entry fee £10.00 (BMFA requirement) payable on the day.
Proof of insurance (BMFA membership card is sufficient) required

Please sign up on this thread or by emailing me: whitstable.nick@outlook.com (I'm guesting as CD).
Please include your BMFA number. Entries will be assumed to be Open 2.4GHz unless you tell me different. Closing date for entries is 6.00pm Friday 26 July 2019.

If there's any doubt about the weather, a decision on whether the contest goes ahead will be posted here by 3pm Saturday 27 July.

Registrations as of 26 July:
Brian Austin
Mike Connell
Ray Gadenne
John Hovell
Nick Jackson
Steve Knowles
Peter Ley
Garry Matthews
Tony Merritt
Peter Mitchell
Ian Nicholls
Eddy Small
Randy Taylor
Paul Wainwright

Link to post
Share on other sites
steve knowles

Hi Nick, please add me to the entry

Steve Knowles

BMFA 70799

BARCS 608

Thanks 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Include me in please, Nick.  Congratulations on your 3rd place at the last comp.  Great news. 

Peter Ley
BMFA 187230

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Jackson

Please get those entries in! 6pm Friday 26th deadline to enter is a hard one - I've an early start on the Saturday doing a charity bike ride and I really need to do the printing Friday evening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Randolph T

Apologies for the last minute entry. Please put me down for open.

 Thanks 

Randy

bmfa - 165603

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Jackson

Forecast is looking reasonably promising for Sunday - looks like it will be on. Final decision tomorrow but I'm attaching the draw on the assumption that decision will be positive.

F5J 28 July draw.pdf

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Jackson

As you were ... forecasts now looking distinctly more marginal. But, as originally announced, final decision will be posted by 3pm tomorrow, Sat. (If you've views on what we should do, or are going to pull out, please PM me or email whitstable.nick@outlook.com before then.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick Jackson

Competition 28th is off.

Sorry if anyone thinks this is wimping out. Forecasts have been and still are all over the place - it may turn out flyable making this a wrong decision once we get the benefit of hindsight. But this is obviously an unstable and unpredictable weather system. Rain on and off seems very likely, as does a fair old breeze with some nasty gusts. I just don't think it's worth the risk or likely to be fun. Before taking the decision I had contact with several people registered and opinions have varied between 'I've decided not to come' to 'Yeah, difficult - fair enough to cancel'.  No-one expressed an opinion in favour of going ahead - until a couple as I was typing! Admittedly a genuinely marginal decision. Bloody weather!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wood Gnome

Hi Nick XC weather shows a good day in Chelmsford I think it would be a pity to cancel now although clearly if it is tipping with rain in the morning people including me will not travel but I would come if the forecast then is improving. 

Cheers Paul

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wood Gnome

Nick I appreciate it was a difficult call and it saves me getting my kit ready so thanks for the decisive decision 

Hopefully see you soon😥

Hope the Bike ride went well I got soaked on mine this morning

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Connell

Hi Nick I support you decision. Its a long way to travel to be rained off.

Mike

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Nick,

I appreciate the reason for the cancellation and the difficulty you must have had taking it. The forecast looks wet and the one thing we can’t fly in is rain.

Having spent last Sunday being “coached” I have since applied the learning to my model and spent yesterday flying a model that’s been transformed. So, whilst I appreciate why the comp has been cancelled I am deeply disappointed not to be flying my model in earnest. 

Thanks for all your hard work.

regards

                 Garry

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

    • JFreeman
    • steveburns
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.