martynk

F3-RES League Bungees

martynk

To stop clogging up the F3-RES league posts I have created this new post for F3-RES bungee alternatives.

I mentioned in my last post that the new batch of Silicon Red 6x4   from HK - which is the 'approved' bungee for the F3-RES league doesn't appear to be made of Silicon - its more of a plastic material. It goes white when you try and stretch it and actually doesn't stretch very far at all. 

I have found this on eBay and ordered it but I suspect it may be a HK product simply being resold in the UK. Its considerably more expensive as well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-6mm-Silicon-Rubber-Bungee-Hi-Start-for-EDF-GLIDERS-HI-Start-Release-Tubing/232032593480?

I'll let you know how I get on with it. I also have some brown 6x4 silicon tube I can test but I cant remember where it came from.

• Like 1

Marc Sinclair

Nice one  Martyn. 

Interesting to see what you can find, especially for those kind of prices when compared to this site : https://www.emc-vega.de/en/high-start/megarubber  

I will be after a bungee system myself, mainly for 2 to 3 metre soarers. 

Good luck

Marc 

martynk

Hi Marc

Stay away from the Hobbyking bungee. They have updated the description to say it only has a 1x stretch which is useless for our needs. 

I am trying a brown silcone bungee found on eBay. It stretches well but seems to lack ooomph. The search is still on. 

Tony

Too late I bought one, think it might be for the bin totally useless. I have at least ten metres of the "old" bungee that I bought about 25 years ago and it's in perfect condition unused

SilentPilot

I think maybe I got a freak good batch from Hobby King!

My Radian goes up beautifully. Will be checking it out with my Algebra soon too! :D

I also have a bigger Hi-Start but that is only used for my Ka-8. 

pete beadle

Hi all

I think there's a few quid waiting to be made by the first flyer to find out where the NHS gets the surgical rubber they used to buy in bulk, and that Dick Edmonds used to get for us all!:thumbsup::)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

paulj

Hyperflight have F3RES bungees back in stock.