Marc Sinclair

Require ANtenna and ribbons for X9D+

Marc Sinclair

Hi

I am after a replacement antenna and two larger Ribbon cables for my Frsky Taranis X9D Plus.

Can you help?

Regards

Marc 

Sloper

hi marc

we have the antenna in stock under the taranis spare listing but im afraid we dont have the ribbons, im not sure if its actually a spare thats available i will have to check.

What is the issue with the ribbon cables?

Marc Sinclair

Hi Sloper, thanks for reply and support, much appreciated.  

Great news about the Antenna thx! 

The issue I have with the ribbons is that I damaged (dented) one of them and ever since my TX has gone haywire...:(

I would very much appreciate if you could check please has I cannot fly anymore and getting withdrawals/guilt/suicidal tendencies etc... ;) 

Regards

Marc 

PS I am a loyal T9 customer, bought all of my RC gear/glider etc  from you as I got back into flying again fairly recently after a 35 year layoff and have nothing but praise for your company and the way it is run (best prices, service, support and quick P&P). Thank you

Marc Sinclair

Update Sloper. I just got off the phone to robotbirds.co.uk (after sending them an email this morning) and they might have some spare cables from a broken set they have going. I'm just checking my motherboard/ribbon cable versions with them to see if it can work (there are apparently 3 different version of motherboard on the Taranis X9D Plus, which is good to know). They are also getting in a shipment for next week from Frsky and he will make enquiries also for spare new parts to be included in shipment.

I don't mean to sound like a proper turncoat :)...Just wanted to keep you (and any others who have similar issues) updated.

Ill post pics of my mobo's revision number and cables info for good measures in a mo.

Cheers

Marc 

Marc Sinclair

20190724_123149.thumb.jpg.c2ef9ac24cce5ba29ac00429bb35c796.jpg20190724_123007.thumb.jpg.3daab1a23c78585f574179583c7b6aa9.jpg

Ribbon cables info and mobo revision number (bottom left corner).

Sloper

Sounds like you were terribly unlucky to damage them ribbons, they are the current version so if he has them they will ba fine

the main thing is your sorted, my shipment was sent out yesterday so too late to have that option to get them in

Marc Sinclair

Hi Sloper, unlucky not realy, more like me being Neanderthal when exploring inside TX  to look at antennae fixings etc...live and learn. 

Thanks for trying for me, much apreciated.

👍

Stormeflyer

Hi Marc

They look like generic ribbon cables, google 20624 22pin forward direction ribbon cables, then all you need is the length and the pitch of the pin, they vary from 0.5mm, 0.8, 1.0 etc

these should only be a couple of pounds or cheaper from the Far East if can wait 🥺

• Like 1

Marc Sinclair

Thanks Stormflyer! Will do some hunting.

Regards

Marc