Sign in to follow this  
Vince

FRsky OS

Vince

I am years behind with this due to working abroad. I have just bought a Horus X10. I like the idea of the OS system the radio comes with. The problem I have is the mixes.      I don’t have a clue where to start. I can set up basic models. Is there anything out there showing a six channel setup or maybe someone here could tell me the route to follow. I have Open TX on my Taranis which I can set up no problem but the setup wizard on the X10 always gives me an error message  when i tried open TX on the Horus x10. For me personally open TX on the Horus does not offer some of the features the pre installed OS does so I would like to learn how to use this. Any help with FR sky Os would be appreciated.

tonym

Hi Vincent, I'd like to help but my brain melts when I try to 'do stuff' in my Taranis.

I've found some of Mike Shellim's programs useful - http://rc-soar.com/opentx/index.htm     - maybe there's something in there that might help you?

Tony

• Like 1

Munch197

What mixes are you having issues with? I run an x10s on frOS. 

Vince

Sorry for the late reply I’m back in Dubai now. I don’t know how to get things working and how to link the mixes. I can set up a basic model but when I try to use flaps for example that’s where it all falls apart. For example outputs my flaps should be controlled by my aileron stick which I believe is J1 so I put this as the output but then I can not stop the flaps from moving every time I move the stick. It’s probably something silly but I’m missing it.  If this makes any sense to you please reply.

Munch197

So you're trying to couple the flaps with the ailerons yeah? 

Leave the flaps in the input map as - Or not assigned. 

Output map should be what channels they're plugged into then go to ail->cmbflp from the main MDL menu and set it from INH to ACT 1st drop down box in the bottom right. Put it on a switch if you like to turn the mix on and off, 2nd drop down box. 

Set the movement of flaps you want coupled in with ailerons.

Then if you're using flight modes obviously this will need copying across in all modes and this is selected in the 3rd drop down box 

Attached a few photos of my input and output map and the ail->cmbflp mix screen. 

Hope this helps. 

IMG_20190803_162255.jpg

IMG_20190803_162246.jpg

IMG_20190803_162138.jpg

Vince

Thank you.  This gives me something to work with when I get home. I see where I am going wrong.  One last question for now which has baffled me since I first turned on the radio. When I select create a model none of the options for glider, plane or quad outer are high lighted. Is this normal?. I thought by choosing one of he options the radio would at least know what type of model it is dealing with but the only highlighted option I get is the model I have created myself.

Munch197

Yeah that's correct. 

You choose what model you want to set when you create a new model memory then in the menu as you said it just categorises them and keeps them together if you have multiple different types of model... Like if you fly helicopters and gliders off the same transmitter. 

I think that's the answer to your question... Please elaborate if I've miss understood.

Happy landings.

Vince

Thanks for getting back to me. When I get home next week I will post some pictures of my screen and tell me if that is the way it should look. I can’t do a lot at the moment. Thanks for your help so far. I will let you know how I get on.

Vince

Well I’m home now. Just done what you said to get the flaps coupled with the ailerons. I’ve got that set up easy enough. What about other mixes?. Camber, Speed, and Butterfly.  The Butterfly menu offers me four flaps and elevator no ailerons?. Menu options seem similar to my old Futaba but the menus within the options offer different control options IE FLP 1,2,3 and 4 if this makes sense to anyone please get back to me I need to get my head around this.

Dave Elam

I'd be happy to let you have my typical 4 servo wing glider set up as i have one set up on my X10S with FrOS.

The only problem is that I'm not sure how to do that.  I presume there is a way to save a model memory from the TX to the SD card? if anyone can advise on that I can then copy the file and pass it on.

Vince

I would appreciate that. I am now well rested and have been having a go this morning. After yesterday’s efforts I now know that there are two pages to some of the mixes. The OS looks to be similar to Futaba after looking through my old 9c.  I have read the X10 manual this morning and I can not get any of the mixes to work apart from the  FLP to Ail  shown by Munch 197 earlier on. I must be doing something wrong do I need to use a different flight mode for each mix? . What has been happening this morning if I can get this to make any sense. This is happening in all mixes.  For example I put in  AIL+ 10  AIL2 + 10   SWB MID  when I activate the mix nothing happens until I move the aileron stick J1  only when I hold the stick to the right and switch the mix on Chanel 1 AIL will move .If I move the stick to the left and activate the mix  nothing happens  to AIL 2 at my whits end now to be fair the OS doesn’t look like it should be this hard to operate.

Dave Elam

I can't pretend to be an expert of FrSkyOS as it took me quite a while to program my glider. Since then I've been programming my DX9 so that has corrupted the knowledge I'd gained during the FrSky process!!!

I have a standard 4 servo wing set up which I've always found works well for me. The ailerons are mixed in with the flaps to give flaperons.

Switch B gives me 3 flight modes - Thermal (a little down flap/camber) - Cruise (normal settings - Speed (elevator to snap flap)

Switch C activates crow braking which is done on the throttle. It also activates Cruise flight mode to make things safer.

If someone can advise how to save my model set up to the SD card I can then copy the file and put it on here for you to then play around with and hopefully use.

Dave Elam

Vince. I've managed to save the 4 servo wing file to my PC so the next problem is getting it to you. Unfortunately the file type can't be attached to a message on here so it's probably easiest to email it direct to you. If you can give me your email address I'll then send it over to you. PM me if you prefer.

Vince

Thanks Dave PM sent. Do I just need to put this on to my SD card and put it back into the radio?.

Vince

Ok Thanks to Dave for sending me the program file but to be fair I am pretty useless when it comes to computers. I must be doing some thing wrong. On the bright side after reading replies on here something  has started to click. I now have flap to aileron and crow breaking but I can’t get camber or speed flaps for love nor money.  I will persevere. Any suggestions appreciated.

Munch197

So... To do this use flight modes and select a switch or switches. Personally I use a 3 position for speed, cruise and thermal. 

Upon changing to certain flight mode I then use the 'trim mix' menu to get the desired camber/reflex etc. However don't forget to program all your mixes, braking, expo and rates etc across all flight modes as these change too. Bar sub trim each flight mode will need full re programming as such... 

If in doubt just run through every movement on the ground in every flight mode. 

Hope this makes sense.

Vince

I bet you blokes are getting fed up with me by now. Ok so I’ve got flap to aileron , crow brakes and speed reflex or thermal flap. I can’t get speed and thermal. I’m sure I’m one switch away from sorting this.

So in flight mode example speed is SWC MID when I go into trim mix an set up speed reflex I put that on  SWC MID but that then stays for every other flight mode in trim mix. So to me it seems I can only use one mix per flight mode. I have set all mixes up across all flight modes. Sorry about this nearly there.

EssexBOF
On 27/07/2019 at 23:58, Vince said:

I am years behind with this due to working abroad. I have just bought a Horus X10. I like the idea of the OS system the radio comes with. The problem I have is the mixes.      I don’t have a clue where to start. I can set up basic models. Is there anything out there showing a six channel setup or maybe someone here could tell me the route to follow. I have Open TX on my Taranis which I can set up no problem but the setup wizard on the X10 always gives me an error message  when i tried open TX on the Horus x10. For me personally open TX on the Horus does not offer some of the features the pre installed OS does so I would like to learn how to use this. Any help with FR sky Os would be appreciated.

Cannot understand as to why you did not put it on Open Tx if you are used to that system??

Vince

On open TX  the set up wizard does not work on the X10s and you cannot turn off the screen to save battery. I have always used the set up wizard on the  Taranis. I don’t have the time or the inclination to be sat at a computer keep updating. So  I thought that a pre installed OS would be better for me in the long run. I did put open TX  on to the radio but changed it back to frsky  OS.