RTG Orden

DDM

I am thinking about treating myself to a new F3F model and have emailed Milan at RTG for some prices.

The 2 models that are getting my interest are the Stribog+ and the new Orden.

Does anyone on this forum have any experience of the Orden that they can share please?

Thanks

Dave

Dave, the only person who I know of that owns one is Pierre Rondel. He has written about it on his blog, Planet Soaring, and on Facebook. 

I believe he also used it for a few rounds in the last Eurotour after he landed unexpectedly with his Quantum. 

From what I read, he seems impressed with it.

Absolutely stunning plane.

FB_IMG_1564525189168.jpg

• Thanks 1

SilentPilot

What on earth happened there?

Didn't look like it spun in to me. In fact it looked though it hit something...

RTG has a good track record of making planes that are not only competitive, but comparatively easy to get set up. Extreme, Rotmilan, Stribog have all had their day. Indeed, the Stribog is still seen on slopes. Pierre Rondel liked his so much that he flew it as his first choice model for quite a long time, until the Quantum came into production last year. The Orden is too new to have much of a track record in competition, but if its stable mates are anything to go by, buying one should not be too much of a gamble.

Mike Shellim has both a Stribog and a Stribog+, so it might be worth seeking his advice. He is rc-soar on this forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentPilot said:

What on earth happened there?

Looked like a flick to me, but it’s hard to be sure.

• 1 month later...