8th 2019 2m Hi Start 14 day Duration Challenge

martynk

A placeholder for the 8th 2M Hi-Start 14 day duration Challenge for 2019

Please submit your score below. The clock will start when the first score is submitted.

This is a for fun challenge, anyone with a bungee-launched glider up to 2 metres wingspan and the standard Hi-Start can post a time.

Object: Fly your 2 metre glider for as long as possible from a flat field, the person who's time is unbeaten for 14 days 'wins' and a new challenge starts.

Rules: Launches must be made from the standard Challenge Hi-Start bungee. Flight times begin when line releases from the towhook and the model must land in the field for times to count. While the object is to encourage F3-RES types, any model up to 2 metre span may be flown (F3-RES, foam, full house aileron mouldie) but please state the type of model with your time.

The standard Hi-Start bungee is a maximum of 10m of 6/4mm surgical tubing and 50m of static line (minimum 30lb breaking strain). Lighter/smaller bungee rubber may be used.

Fly safely! No slope soaring

• 3 weeks later...

image.png.47bda612b2cf3861a60bba7f61e836b9.png

Deffo wont be getting a score from me as I a not back into the UK until mid September. Hopefully someone else will rise to the challenge.

Hint, hint,,,,

As Near to perfect conditions as you could get today. Second launch at around 11 am saw me fly for 26.02 minutes. Using about five different thermals and frequently visited by many different birds. A lovely way to spend an hour.

Guy B

Madres

26:02

11 am 6th September. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, GuyB said:

As Near to perfect conditions as you could get today. Second launch at around 11 am saw me fly for 26.02 minutes. Using about five different thermals and frequently visited by many different birds. A lovely way to spend an hour.

Guy B

Madres

26:02

11 am 6th September. 

Fantastic - well done

That will extend this until best before the 20th September. I'll update the spreadsheet later

Here you are:

image.png.5d1c9644c96c9ee22b3576d01f475179.png

Not back in the UK until the middle of next week.  Can't imagine I'll get a flight in before C.O.P  Thursday sadly

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get out on Thursday. Conditions were perfect with a very light breeze down the length of the field, Got to the field just as the power fliers arrived but the strip was being mowed so rushed to get the line and bungee out before power flying commenced. Since I went away, the thistles have multiplied and 2 attempts resulted in 2 broken bungees. By the time I got the bungee laid out for the 3rd time, the power fliers were waiting to fly and I was very much in the way so scored a zero.  I need a better field :(

Well done Guy, cracking score and that moved you into the lead as well..

I was flying the Andreas RES (electric) the other week.  No where near DLG performance but still very good.  Had a couple of flights where I got away from 50 feet and specced out.  Quite tricky to get down safely compared to a DLG but good fun.

• Like 1