2nd hand market, in general

Tony

• 2 months later...
Marc RC pilot

Interesting 4.4m Vintage glider on ebay going for a good price...Anyone know what it is? 

The elevators look huge! Like they are design to ad additional lift as well as pitch control(?).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Glider-Airframe-4-4m-Span-Slope-Soarer/353288312866?hash=item52419fd822%3Ag%3AYHsAAOSwvi5funje&LH_BO=1

image.thumb.png.05ac64a5d1b972e5d068ead37a7abbf1.png

image.thumb.png.f2e73ffdb81f3a87f0fa85e25037e6df.png

I think you are right. A 200% Southerner. Look carefully and you can see where the undercarriage goes. And is that a firewall at the front?

Belair kits have a Southerner Major which is around the same size but it has straight dihedral wings, the Southerner (which they also kit) has polyhedral wings.

Not unlike my Airsail Voltimer, until recently this was using MKS 6100 servos because I bought the wrong ones for a glider (needed 6110 wing mount). It now sports HobbyKing's finest £2 servos, the MKS went to an Xplorer V-tail after Hyperion DS AMD-09 failure.

20200818_145745637_iOS.thumb.jpg.fea1e06e5887ebd0b40713035eb190bc.jpg

• Like 1

Yes from this  (4) Javelin F3B/F3F www.SoaringComposites.com - YouTube in Google will take you to video

• Thanks 1

Marc RC pilot

Thanks chaps. Good to know Pete. The first thing I did was to email the seller this morning requesting more info etc but I have not yet had a reply. I thought I would ask the experienced RC dons/you guys for a heads up in the mean time as my curiosity was strong... :) I should have perhaps mentioned that before asking...forgive me 😃

I really like the look of this glider. 

Thank you

Marc RC pilot

Seller contacted me and confirmed that it's a Nyx and is sold.

The gentleman still has white & blue Tragi 702 V tail for sale at 3.3mtr span and also a Yellow & blue Mini Elipse V tail at 1.5mtr span if any good to someone. 

Much speculation here. Bmfa ads with phone number, just ring and ask. I did, Nyx, Acacia II, Mini Ellipse, M60 are sold. He still had a white Tragi 702 for sale. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...