Tony

2nd hand market, in general

Tony

I don't often buy from e bay as it can be a minefield and the quality sometimes has a lot to be desired. On this occasion though I got what I paid for a good price for a new model so thanks for the chap in Totnes and i shall over a brew set her up this evening. I practically gave my last one away, lovely flying throw in the boot model.

alula.jpg

Tony

There's an EMP Algebra 800 and 1000 for sale on E Bay, wood versions, might make a nice Christmas present to yourself. So tempted but I still haven't finished mine from 20 odd years  ago yet!

pete beadle

Hi Tony

Thanks for thinking of me at this festive time, unfortunately I've already stumped up for two presents for myself, both "bargins" I couldn't pass up, a Cambria "Miri 100" and a Chiltern Models "Crusader 100" costing me a total of £100.00 the pair. My bank manager tells me that's quite enough indulgence for one year, and I agree with him.:yes:

Here's hoping Father Christmas treats you kindly in this festive season, hope you will accept  my very best wishes to you and your family

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year:)

Marc RC pilot

Might be of interest to someone

Any ideas on these glider models?

image.thumb.png.ba13721c911dcd63a743198349eceedb.pngimage.thumb.png.81e568b43078908d661d2399e10c907a.png

Marc RC pilot

Radio controlled STREGA RCRCM Gliders X 2 plus transport bag and a secret bonus on eBay:

image.thumb.png.32d3a24e2597d0aab180900d9913d66c.png

image.thumb.png.7b1472fbf85fff40465deaff42e0afcb.png

Lovely looking glider... 

Marc RC pilot

Ending soon a  Multiplex DG600 glider, used, approx 3.4 metres wingspan going for a song: 

Austin

Guys, this is not a for sale forum for Ebay. No more links please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Marc RC pilot

Apologies Austin. Thanks for the heads up. 👍

Marc RC pilot

Does anyone have any experience with the STREGA RCRCM sailplane? Would it make a half descent thermal/sports-type flyer for flat field flying?  

Certainly looks fantastic (apart from V-tail :) )

Phil.Taylor
1 hour ago, Marc RC pilot said:

Does anyone have any experience with the STREGA RCRCM sailplane? Would it make a half descent thermal/sports-type flyer for flat field flying?  

Certainly looks fantastic (apart from V-tail :) )

Strega was an F3F plane - not a flat field thermal soarer. RCRCM build quality so if you winch it the spar will probably break

Phil.

Marc RC pilot
29 minutes ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Strega was an F3F plane - not a flat field thermal soarer. RCRCM build quality so if you winch it the spar will probably break

Phil.

That doesn't sound promising Phil...Thank you for the head's up, much appreciated. 

rwhitt

The orange/red one has a damaged fuse, I asked for more pics and it has clearly been repaired! I guess the 'person who left them to him' doesn't know what he had either 🤔 two different models!

Phil.Taylor

Red/orange one may be a Nan Models Tracer? - Nan colour scheme, pointy  wingtips

• Like 1

rwhitt
18 minutes ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Red/orange one may be a Nan Models Tracer? - Nan colour scheme, pointy  wingtips

Nice one Phil I could only think of Alex XXL but that's a x tail

Russell

Phil.Taylor

sold for £300 - 2x decent looking F3F starter planes - someone got a bargain there !

• Like 2

Marc RC pilot

Unusual/pretty little bird-like vintage model ending soon: 

image.thumb.png.54d491fcd9d494a8cb385bf1c40dd427.png

SilentPilot

I thought they were numbers on it...

Could have been a Bird of Time :D

Marc RC pilot

Paritech DG1000 Glider for sale on BMFA @ 8.8m wingspan! Wow these boys don't mess about!  

image.thumb.png.b39dcb9dc24afa9b8e20ccd45bdf94ba.png

image.png.9e3aa99ccc97c6cb9e62ce87e5b718f4.png

image.thumb.png.4be86b70eb52e479e81f80ea3c18c9e0.png

Lovely looking sailplane

Thomas Moller

Well I lucked out, I located two Vortes 100S' both there in the UK.

Thanks to Peter B. he had both a complete but found it difficult to get boxed up so he sent me his spare fuse and plans.
Which arrived today at my door. See pictures below. Only thing missing on this one is the outer ribs as they are not shown
on the plans.

Also, thanks to Steve S. who had a full kit in a box which is now on its way to California from the UK I think I'll be in heaven while
I sit at home quarantined for some days to let this Corona Virus settle down a bit.
With this one I can scan all the ribs and formers so should I have to I could re cut them on my laser at work.

A friend of mine initially showed interest in making a mold of the fuse so we could share a few of these if the interest is still there to my friends I showed the
pictures of Mr. Gary B.'s build. We might modify the wing for full house and do a small dihedral in the center by angling the wing joiner tubs in the ribs.
It would make it a bit heavier but where I fly we usually get good lift and it could be a lot of fun to roll this baby inverted when we do a flyby pass.

I think I spent an hour or two just looking at the plans........day dreaming!

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

• Like 1

pete beadle

Hi Thomas

As I e-mailed this morning - glad to help......The quotes I got from all and sundry for the "built Vortex" were all around £140 - £150 to ship the thing to San Diego:( making the delivered price around GBP225(!) So I thought this was the best way to go......

Looking at your pics I am/was struck by the similarities of the Vortex fuselage to the Sitar Special/Dassel.....I think that had a lot to do with the Vortex's popularity back in the day, and it just reminded me again:thumbsup:

Good luck with your Vortex-based Coronavirus occupational therapy!:)

Regards

Pete

BARCS

• Like 1