Tony

2nd hand market, in general

satinet

There are a few over priced doozies on there.

Search:

Graupner mc18

Or

Jart glider

Or

Eppi soar

However that cirrus is special. I wonder if the seller is day dreaming about spending the money...

I might make an offer of 30 quid...

• Haha 1

f3fman
3 hours ago, Feefo said:

There's a slightly overpriced Graupner Cirrus on a popular auction site if anyone is interested

One man's overpriced is another man's bargain  🙂

Feefo
2 hours ago, satinet said:

There are a few over priced doozies on there.

Search:

Graupner mc18

Or

Jart glider

Or

Eppi soar

However that cirrus is special. I wonder if the seller is day dreaming about spending the money...

I might make an offer of 30 quid...

Yes there are but that Cirrrus just caught my eye for some reason

Marc RC pilot

Carrera SB10 - RC glider 4.20 Metre Wingspan - Fully built & ready to fly (interesting history).

Might be of interest to the big boys brigade :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313132035235

pete beadle

Hi Marc

I flew a Carrera SB10 at Ivinghoe back in the 80s - 90's I'd bought cheep, cheep, cheep! from an ISA club member at the annual ISA Bring'n buy

I don't remember it being a 4-metre(!) The Lexan fuselage seemed dirty even after cleaning, bits fell off it on a regular basis because the epoxy wouldn't bond with the Lexan (should've used Stabilit Express), it was REALLY semi-scale, and flew like a DOG. I sold it the following year to a chap who thought he could tame it, and spent a fiver more than I bought it for, to prove his point. It was mid-aired on it's first flight by a visitor flying a big Treakle who paid the new owner £20.00 more than he bought it for, in compensation for writing it off......those were indeed  the days!

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1

Marc RC pilot

Good story Pete.

Mid-air on first flight got to hurt....Ouch. 

Just wondering...Is there anything you haven't flown!? :)

👍

pete beadle

Hi Marc

Not really.....the"unlucky" new owner only paid £25.00 for it at the ISA B&B....£45.00 was a pretty good return on a 'plane that was going to be a PITB from the first day to the last.....as it was, the first and the last was the same day, which saved him finding out for himself

I assume you are asking  - Is there anything you haven't flown!?:) - with your tongue firmly in your cheek? …….I've never flown a turbine, I've never flown anything over 5.5 metres span, and I've never flown a "genuine" Dassel, apart from those, I've flown several hundred models over the 50 plus years that I've been sloping and soaring:yes:

On my PC I've got two files...."The contents of the loft" and "Model Purchases and Sales" which I update every year, and have done for the last 14 years, 

Currently TCOTL it is itemising the 53  models I currently own and MPAS shows 15 bought and sold in 2020...…...that's about the average for each of the last 12-14 years.....As they say in the Home of the Brave, Land of the Free......you do the math!:thumbsup:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1