2nd hand market, in general

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Thomas Moller

Hello again,

I've been lost for a while with a new computer PC to Mac and lost the old sites from my old computer.  Found this site again and got my password to getting in reset.  I was the person from California that hunted down (2) Veron Vortex 100S kits there in the UK.  I never did get on to them while I was lock down.  I snook out and was flying with a friend some 50 miles from here and he crashed his Paritech DG-1000 8.8m.  Well it didn't really crash, he had a prop strike on take off and that sent the motor out through the canopy and nose of the fuse.  Sailplane lifted off the ground by about 3m and it took a bit of damage coming back down tail heavy.  Good thing I got to overhaul it and fix a bunch of other problems with it that had surfaced after almost 4 years of flying.  

Here is a link to that repair:  

A person contacted me that saw that I had located a kit from here and wanted a the copy of the ribs as he is thinking of possible doing a re-kit of the Veron Vortex 100S.  Looking at the plans got me excited to actually starting this thing.  But I will most likely first build a modified wing (no poly.) but a straight wing with dihedral built in via the wing tube in the wing and doing a straight wing joiner.  The wing I'm thinking of having light weight foam cores cut and then sheet the wings with balsa.  Ailerons would be added and possibly also flaps so one could do a crow effect for landing.

So here comes a question as I know nothing about airfoils.  Does any one know what airfoils are used in this wing?  The foam cutter I found only works with airfoils and not templets for cutting foam cores.

Veron Vortex Wing Ribs.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the pdf images, it looks like a good old Clark-Y.

edit: modified to give it a flat bottom...? I am saying this, because in my mind it was a flat bottomed section, but looking at the attachment, there seems to be a slight under camber.

plot-clarky-il-100.pdf

Edited by paulj
Added comment

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Phil.Taylor

Something very strange happened on fleabay - something I never thought I would see in the UK...

and now I've got not one but two "Buzzes" - hand made superlight crazy aerobatic creations by Justin Gafford in the USA

Phil.

zBuzz_1.jpg

zBuzz_2.jpg

On 17/04/2021 at 17:16, Phil.Taylor said:

Someone got a bargain - Stingray - new - unbuilt - £475

Me !   🙂

https://bmfa.org/class1/id/106509

I do believe Monty Python have a line about luck!  Enjoy it Phil, mine is a total scream.  6995grams is about the best weight for proper hooning!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil.Taylor said:

Something very strange happened on fleabay - something I never thought I would see in the UK...

and now I've got not one but two "Buzzes" - hand made superlight crazy aerobatic creations by Justin Gafford in the USA

Phil.

zBuzz_1.jpg

zBuzz_2.jpg

No words Phil    absolutely no words

• 6 months later...
Marc RC pilot
On 04/03/2021 at 06:25, Thomas Moller said:

Hello again,

I've been lost for a while with a new computer PC to Mac and lost the old sites from my old computer.  Found this site again and got my password to getting in reset.  I was the person from California that hunted down (2) Veron Vortex 100S kits there in the UK.  I never did get on to them while I was lock down.  I snook out and was flying with a friend some 50 miles from here and he crashed his Paritech DG-1000 8.8m.  Well it didn't really crash, he had a prop strike on take off and that sent the motor out through the canopy and nose of the fuse.  Sailplane lifted off the ground by about 3m and it took a bit of damage coming back down tail heavy.  Good thing I got to overhaul it and fix a bunch of other problems with it that had surfaced after almost 4 years of flying.  

Here is a link to that repair:  

A person contacted me that saw that I had located a kit from here and wanted a the copy of the ribs as he is thinking of possible doing a re-kit of the Veron Vortex 100S.  Looking at the plans got me excited to actually starting this thing.  But I will most likely first build a modified wing (no poly.) but a straight wing with dihedral built in via the wing tube in the wing and doing a straight wing joiner.  The wing I'm thinking of having light weight foam cores cut and then sheet the wings with balsa.  Ailerons would be added and possibly also flaps so one could do a crow effect for landing.

So here comes a question as I know nothing about airfoils.  Does any one know what airfoils are used in this wing?  The foam cutter I found only works with airfoils and not templets for cutting foam cores.

Veron Vortex Wing Ribs.pdf 296.79 kB · 63 downloads

AWESOME video, flight and moment Thomas Moller! :) 

👌