Tony

2nd hand market, in general

Tony

Lovely looking Skylark 4 at 4.5 metres going in the BMFA  classifieds

pete beadle

Hi Tony

Built from a Chris Williams plan - very nice:thumbsup:

Anyone know if it has a built-up wooden fuselage or a glass one? Looks glass to me:yes:......

Mmmmmm..... Church Stretton, 160miles away, don't think my wallet could stand the damage of the petrol for a 300 mile round trip at the moment though........pity, it really looks the part:no:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702  

Tony

Hi Pete

Exactly the same distance for me to get as well. I wouldn't be able to lug it up a hill  anyways which is a pity. Does look nice though and well built from what I can see

Tony

Tony

Petrel on e bay even better than the Skylark!

MAZ

A 1/3:5 scale Petrel and a Robbe Calif coming up for sale shortly. Both 5 mtr.
The Petrel is 90% finished from an Old Gliders kit and the Calif has only flown 3 times...  more info to follow. 👍

3BC33FCB-87E1-4A65-84CF-AEC26B2FFE2A.jpeg

D3F12310-43FE-4F21-8B0A-FC9AE040E997.jpeg

7E2B1B5D-438D-4B97-8438-011D65A63F49.jpeg

7CAFFAE7-0FC9-456C-87C0-4326317C3A4C.jpeg

FAA34D03-979A-4958-A88A-6F68A9F8911F.jpeg

F84420F9-8795-4876-B72C-4E4F23643FB4.jpeg

pete beadle

Hi Maz

WOW!:thumbsup::yes::)

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Tony

Blo*dy hell was my expletive! The Calif looks gorgeous but the Petrel is a work of art. I've no idea how people can build these so well way out of my league. I'd be too scared to fly the Petrel but I do love these wooden ships they are just majestic in the air.

Tony 

• Like 1

Tony

Nice handy size Discus on the BMFA site. Just right for you Pete.

SilentPilot

That's local to me.
I'll get it for you Pete!

Can bring it to Ivinghoe sometime ;) 

SilentPilot

Actually hold that last, I might have it for myself :D

pete beadle

Hi Tony and SP

I'll very probably be at the BMFA Bring and Buy this weekend

Lincolnshire isn't far from there is it? - No, no, no get thee behind me Satan!:(

I didn't go to the ISA Bring and Buy last week for fear of taking home half a dozen "Golden Oldies" at a tenner apiece, and I'm quite probably intentionally leaving my wallet at home on the 20th, so, please don't tell me about any more "bargins" you see on other forums PLEASE!

As you both know, I'm SUPPOSED to be selling stuff this year:yes:.......

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

SilentPilot

lol

I'm actually wanting this myself now but apparently 3 other bidders are up against me. Oh well... 

Tony

Bu**er and double bu**er I completely forgot about the swap meet. I've just sent an e mail request to Manny for a table. I have a ton of F/F gear that I was talking to the Sam's lads the other week and said I'd go, scatter brain moment my end. Really hate getting rid but as you know my health won't let me do. If you're taking up any R/E  woody models bagsie first dibs on anything please.

Managed to get an outside slot which is far from ideal lets hope is doesn't pour down!

Tony

Unflown Radian XL on the BMFA site for an absolute bargain

pete beadle
14 hours ago, Tony said:

If you're taking up any R/E  woody models bagsie first dibs on anything please.

Hi Tony

Not a lot of wood in a Radian XL......:no:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Tony

Not my cuppa tea the XL, never seen one but watched a few videos on you tube. Big old thing that looks as though it weighs a bit.  Could never understand why they stopped manufacturing the original Radian as everyone loved it.

pete beadle

Hi Tony

I believe that when the XL version was first suggested by the E-Flite design department they were led by a designer who used to work for General Motors:yes:

This designer said "the XL must be bigger, and heavier and so , it'd be easier to see at altitude". Then he said "We can sort out the increased weight by putting in a bigger motor, just like we used to do at GM!......and so the XL was born!:frantics:

BTW the XL weighs EIGHT POUNDS! If it had been fitted with a  tow-hook you'd never find a tow-man strong enough to tow it.......so they'd have to use a POWER WINCH........." YAY! real American grunt! Wouldn't that be AWESOME!:thumbsup::D:yes:

#2 for the Standard Radian, I've got two Mk 1's and two Mk 2's:yes:..........

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

SilentPilot

I've got one of each Radian apart from the Night version because I don't see the point in that...
A Night Radian Pro on a slope would be great for low viz days though!

It really is a tough call to say which is best.  The original Parkzone 2m Radian is pretty much still the benchmark for thermal gliders. It's so good it can be a real problem to get it down into a small field!  Then the UMX Radian. That is a law unto itself, that thing has no right to be so good, Joel on RCGroups says it stays aloft on the farts of field mice, I have no reason to dispute this!!!

The RXL I'd rate next. It's a big ol' heavy bird but you would never know it once in the air. It can thermal quite nicely and lands very easily thanks to the airbrakes.
Yes the tail could do with being stiffer. Just a strip of tape under the back works wonders.
It says to use a 3S 3300mAh battery, not a chance of that, I use an 1800 and load up with telemetry gizmos :) 

The Radian Pro I'd have last. It's not a bad glider but it just can't thermal as well as any of the others. Wing attachment is a real PITA too.
I do mean to modify mine so the Multiplex plugs (those green ones!) are stuck in the wing and the fuselage. Normally I leave one side free floating but these should be ok because the wings are bolted on. Swapping the bolts to thumbscrews could really give this a new lease of life...

Tony

What's this please chaps? I recognise it somehow, inboard flaps have replaced spoilers

Resized_20191018_125959(1).jpeg

wookman

It has an algebraic look to it, Pete?