Frsky Taranis X9D Pluse special edition/T9hobbysport

Marc RC pilot

8 hours ago, Mark Evans said:

The voltage range of the new radios means you can still use a 7.2v nimh. It’s the internal charger that’s the main thing that has changed. Ok so the upper voltage limit has been reduced also.

You can’t charge it in the radio, you would have to take it out and charge externally if you went this route. All in the specs. 

Thanks for the clarification Mark 

👍

Managed to get what I was after in the end - some came available in Amazon !  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gens-ace-2600-mAh-Construction-Helicopter/dp/B01I4CGNO2 .  A 2600 and discharge rate of only 1c therefore "ideal" for the job . 

Will be monitoring the charger in the transmitter fairly tightly to make sure it is up to the job.  Hate the thought of a Lipo in my transmitter and wish FRSKY had of went for life04 compatible charger,   which is meant to be "the safest type of Lithium batteries as they do not overheat, and even if punctured they do not catch on fire".  Ah well at least these batteries are better than the official out of stock  FRSkY  batteries which are LION.   

Marc RC pilot

Great deal  taggarc, free delivery as well and  only 3 squids more than the 2200 LiPO one I bought :) 

Btw, I love the wheel driven menu system on new TX. I Just need to set up a mark1 Longshot and Alula on my new TX and run to my local field to go soar with the birds 😃

Thanks for all the help chaps!

Marc 

Sorry about the confusion regarding the new 2019 X9D not being supplied with batteries. FrSky made the decision after escalating expense associated with shipping multiple products containing Li ion batteries from China via airfreight. So to maintain prices the units are now supplied without.

We are offering a made up two cell 18500 Li Ion pack which are manufactured locally to sell as an option, we do not recommend charging soft case Lipo packs internally so keep an eye on them if you choose to. Our pack will be back in stock shortly

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/09/2019 at 10:25, Mark Evans said:

If you shop around you’ll still find some new pre-2019 Taranis for sale, eBay has some but they seem thin on the ground now from official dealers. 

On places like eBay though they are around £180-200 so more expensive now than a new 2019 model. 

I did manage to get a Taranis X9d Plus, unfortunately the guy had upgraded it to EU spec,socould not use D 8 mode. How ever with someones help have now loaded the firmware to run both D8 and all the others.I like the old D Rx's as they fit in better and do not have those big ears on them

• Like 1

The Taranis X9d that I bought SH came with 2  Turnigy  1.5 3 cell  1C discharge 9.9 volt (3.3V per cell)presume that is a Li Life or is it Ion? Anyway would like to know as to the safe working time, as voltage is not the way to go from reading upon them. Information would be of interest from users. Not mad about having to take them out for charging.

10 hours ago, EssexBOF said:

The Taranis X9d that I bought SH came with 2  Turnigy  1.5 3 cell  1C discharge 9.9 volt (3.3V per cell)presume that is a Li Life or is it Ion? Anyway would like to know as to the safe working time, as voltage is not the way to go from reading upon them. Information would be of interest from users. Not mad about having to take them out for charging.

If its the old model not a 2019 one then get the Frsky Ni-MH  AA2000 mAh.  It lasts for ages and can be charged through the transmitter  with an FRSKY £5 or so charger (plug in type).  Otherwise consider  going  the route Marc and I went ...

4 hours ago, EssexBOF said:

OK I have a spare one of those, but I was interested in the operating time of the Li Life type

Would seem quite a while see reviews here https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-1500mah-life-3s-9-9v-transmitter-pack-1.html   . Doubt whether you are going to get anything definite in terms of hours ...   

"Great Way To Power A Tx

Oct 26, 2019

Really appreciate this battery chemistry, I charge once every couple of weeks and don’t have to worry about it. One less thing to get in the way of my flying. Charging is more difficult but it’s well worth it."

"Well priced and packaged well. Excellent replacement battery for my Taranis Plus Tx. This battery fits snugly in the stock position. You do need to cut the power cable and solder the same plug on that matches the Tananis unit. This battery lasts way longer than the Lion one between charges. You do need to charge it as a liFe one using the balance plug and not through the Taranis charging port."