Servo recommendation

stewartg

Just had another emax 3352 fail in my Ahi

I know I could use the dream flight ones but they are expensive

Anyone suggest an alternative 24x24x10mm metal gear digital servo that costs £10-£12 and works for more than a month

thanks S

Marc RC pilot

FWIW stewart, and maybe it's just bad luck on parts;  I've had to replace 2 of the dream flight servos in my Alula... And like you say, they are a little expensive. I  think there is better bang for buck out there. Sorry not much help in recommending something else, I'm sure the dons will jump in soon for help and advice.

Good luck

Marc 

The Dreamflight Ahi servo's as far as I'm aware are simply a re-badged Emax 3352.

I'm surprised you are having issues with these as I have found them to be excellent and use them extensively on ailerons for my 3.8m full carbon F5J planes. After 2+ years of use, zero issues and the gear train has remained pretty much slop free.

You indicate that the one that failed is used in an Ahi, which I also have (excellent little plane). The servo that failed isnt  either the Rudder or Elevator by any chance is it? I had to spend a lot of time freeing up/re-routing both the pushrods on the fuselage as the resistance/stiffness was way too much. That much binding/strain on a servo will inivertably lead to failure at some point.  I understand that Dreamflight were aware of this issue and would be sorting the issue out in later production runs. (I had one from the the early production runs) Dreamflight. Also I only use a 4 cell NiMh Rx pack on them.

I havn't to date found anything as good as these at £7-£8 a pop. If you do break them its cheap to replace the servo outright.

Colin

• Like 1

Marc RC pilot

Hi Colin.  Where do you get the servos for that price if you please? The link I put up was from Banggood.com and they are a little more expensive (free shipping though).

Cheers

Marc  

• 2 weeks later...

Marc they used to be about £8 about 3-4months ago on Banggood (when I bought some) but now over £10.  Guess it is the combination of being popular and the slide in the £ over Brexit.

Regards

Conrad 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...