Quick Aileron Connections

SilentPilot

Hi,

Where do you get the quick connection kits for wing mounted Aileron servos? The type that has the four spring mounted tabs touching flush mounted contacts in the fuselage.

I'm wanting to keep a DLG (well actually a Mosquito) in the car for impromptu flying. At the moment I either need to leave it on the back seat (not possible when my 3yo is in his seat) or have it in the boot with the 1/3 seat flat for the wing to poke through (this is how I have it now but it’s only a matter of time before he damages it).

A quick disconnect arrangement for the Ailerons would be fantastic. Yeah I get it may add a few grams but it’s looking like I may need some dead weight anyway to get the CG back so if I could get this on the trailing edge of the wing it could kill two birds with one stone :) 

cheers 

Tony 

How do you install them?

I’m thinking of gluing one side in then making the electrical connection and adding a slow setting glue to the other side. Assemble the wing and then wait for the glue to set before taking the wing off again. 

Does that sound about right? 

Neil Harrison

I have some new 3D printed alignment cases that the connectors fit in to....

I will post some pics tomorrow, they haven’t made it onto the website yet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Neil Harrison said:

I have some new 3D printed alignment cases that the connectors fit in to....

I will post some pics tomorrow, they haven’t made it onto the website yet.

Definitely worth using those.  Makes the install easier and more reliable.

Mine arrived yesterday.

Any tips for wiring them up? I certainly can't solder that neatly, I'll have to ask my dad to do it, I bet even he has to attach to alternate ends...

I wiring them with Servo1, positive, servo2, negative. So if you accidentally get it the wrong way round nothing gets fried. 

Smaller hot soldering to get a quick accurate joint.

Small bench vice to hold the connectors.

Yeah, not good!

I'm looking at mine now trying to figure how to mount them. I thought gluing one in properly and using a slow set glue on the other side might be the way to go but I can't see a way to keep them aligned as it sets...