Scar Gliders

taggarc

Has anyone ever heard of a SCAR glider – picture attached – and know whether they are any good, who makes them,  and what the spec is?  Any info appreciated Thanks  Conrad

Scar.ping.png

Used to have one. Probably 10 years ago. Lovely very nicely made but unsure of its class these days. 

You could flat or slope, f3b probably the best comp class for it although speed would not match current models. 

• Like 1

that is the same colour that mine was - I sold it on - one wing tip had a small repair to the final bit of the curve.

also had Volz very thin servos in the wings that were prone to stripping gears if the model was landed with ballast onboard.

Large flaps would just bounce and strip them.

• Like 1

This one has never been flown !  The design  / original gliders goes back to 2004-2006 apparently.    Mike  were the Volz servos very slim for their time  and do you think you would be able to source better modern equivalents and fit them.  Sure I seen something that related to the time saying make sure you fit the Volz  ones as any other would result in un-recommended cutting.  Thanks  Conrad  ps thinking of buying so at this stage don't know how much space is in the wing, etc. 

I think that the servo bays were designed around the very thin Volz servos. 

Guess it wouldn’t be too hard to rework for a better servo 

Voltz wingmax are thin at about 10mm. They can strip a gear if they are provoked a bit. The modern crop of thin wing servos are a big improvement.

Anologue Hitec HS125s are ok, the digital HS5125 rather less so. Centering can be wayward to say the least. I had to recenter the Falcon's flaps for every round of the English Open. Reliability for the 5125 is not special either. The aileron sevos have been replaced with some KST 135s which went straight into the same mounts. Must have a rummage in the draw and find the other two KSTs and swap out the flap servos too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wookman said:

Anologue Hitec HS125s are ok, the digital HS5125 rather less so. Centering can be wayward to say the least. I had to recenter the Falcon's flaps for every round of the English Open. Reliability for the 5125 is not special either. The aileron sevos have been replaced with some KST 135s which went straight into the same mounts. Must have a rummage in the draw and find the other two KSTs and swap out the flap servos too.

Yes, when everybody was switching up to HS5125 digital versions I stayed on the analogue ones.  Those with the digital and their extra "holding power" kept stripping gears on landing and when knocking ailerons as they jumped over stiles etc, whilst my gears stayed intact with that little bit more "give" in the servo.  🙂