Sign in to follow this  
PeteMitchell

A bit more hopefull

EssexBOF

Yes looks somewhat better, but still pessimistic,rather than optimistic. Of interest is that Grant Shapps has an interest in aviation as he has been over Stow Maries Aerodrome which he is very enthusiastic aboutūü§Ē

You have to wonder, of the intelligence  of those who were drawing up the regs in the first place, that they included control line models and have finally realized that being tethered. Have they excluded kites?

pete beadle

Hi Brian

I wonder if Grant Shapps has spoken to Baroness (Julie Andrews) Vere, about this before releasing this info to the press, or whether she advised him to do this? If she did it would be exactly the opposite  view she expressed to the Parliamentary committee just a few weeks ago

Perhaps the MP's are being allowed to do work NOT concerned with Brexit now? I had wondered why this subject had been so quiet for so long

What a pity this news has been released just as the police and the army gird up their loins to defeat the drone-flying protesters at Heathrow - and soon, possibly other UK airports.......which you can be sure will be subject number one for the press soon.......:yes:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Fletch

Kites flown up to 200ft were not included in DRES.

Steve J
50 minutes ago, pete beadle said:

I wonder if Grant Shapps has spoken to Baroness (Julie Andrews) Vere, about this before releasing this info to the press, or whether she advised him to do this?

I'm beginning to suspect that you have a bit of a thing for Charlotte Vere.

50 minutes ago, pete beadle said:

What a pity this news has been released just as the police and the army gird up their loins to defeat the drone-flying protesters at Heathrow

If Heathrow need assistance from the military (and I don't see why they should), it will probably be the RAF Regiment and not the pongos.

Steve

Steve J
3 hours ago, EssexBOF said:

Have they excluded kites?

Kites are not small unmanned aircraft.

Steve

PS Neither are paper planes, frisbees or simple chuck gliders.

pete beadle
2 minutes ago, Steve J said:

I'm beginning to suspect that you have a bit of a thing for Charlotte Vere.

Hi SteveJ

Chaps my age often had a thing for Julie Andrews:yes:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

• Like 1

Marc Sinclair

image.thumb.png.31f6a0caa3746caa140af09ec1c6102c.png

• Like 1

Dave Elam

I don't want to take all the credit for this positive development but I'd like to remind you of a previous post of mine.

I've just tweeted my congratulations to Grant Shapp and included a message regarding the planned restrictions. It might be a good idea for others to do the same.

PS - Another + for Mary Poppins.

EssexBOF
4 hours ago, Steve J said:

Kites are not small unmanned aircraft.

Steve

PS Neither are paper planes, frisbees or simple chuck gliders.

Was not the definition UAV, Unmaned Air Vehicles, not aircraft

• Like 1

Steve J

ANO articles 94 & 94A/B/C/D/E/F/G apply to small unmanned aircraft.

‚ÄúSmall unmanned aircraft‚ÄĚ means any unmanned aircraft, other than a balloon or a kite, having a mass of not more than 20kg without its fuel but including any articles or equipment installed in or attached to the aircraft at the commencement of its flight;

(ANO 2016)

The clarification regarding paper aeroplanes not being aircraft comes from this CAA webpage.

Steve

taggarc
8 hours ago, pete beadle said:

Hi Brian

I wonder if Grant Shapps has spoken to Baroness (Julie Andrews) Vere, about this before releasing this info to the press, or whether she advised him to do this? If she did it would be exactly the opposite  view she expressed to the Parliamentary committee just a few weeks ago

Perhaps the MP's are being allowed to do work NOT concerned with Brexit now? I had wondered why this subject had been so quiet for so long

What a pity this news has been released just as the police and the army gird up their loins to defeat the drone-flying protesters at Heathrow - and soon, possibly other UK airports.......which you can be sure will be subject number one for the press soon.......:yes:

Regards

Pete

BARCS1702

Elections focus the mind !  

• Like 1