Hockliffe league Comp 21st or 22nd September 2019

thechalster

All pilots are welcome but BMFA insurance is a necessity.  New contest pilots especially welcome.  

This F3K league event is to be held at Hockliffe, north of Dunstable on the A5.  This is a private club site and a farm field, normally grazed by sheep.

The start time will be 10:00 - please aim to arrive in time for a pilots briefing at 9:30am

Entries close at 18:00 on Friday 20th Sept.

Please bring your BMFA Membership card to show for proof of insurance.

An entry fee of £10 per head will be charged for this event - please be ready to pay on the day - juniors free.

We have the option of flying on Saturday or Sunday (reserve day) this time.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH DAYS YOU CAN DO, IE

1 SATURDAY ONLY,    2 SUNDAY ONLY,    3 BOTH DAYS

If you want to enter - reply or  here or PM me, giving your AVAILABILITY, frequency and BMFA number.  I'll update a table below as the entries come in.

If you want to come and watch, please reply here or PM me with your details and watch this thread in case of any last minute changes.

Please note that this is a one day event scheduled for Saturday 23rd.  It will only use the reserve date (Sunday) if the Saturday has to be cancelled due to a poor forecast.  Then, if Sunday's weather is also too bad, Sunday's attempt will be cancelled too.  Keep watching here for updates.

regards

Mike challinor.

1.  Mike C   Sat Sun

2.  Neil H  Sat Sun

3. Dave P  Sat Sun

4. Paul R  Sat Sun

5. Monz. Sat Sun

6. Neil P  Sat

7. Paul G  Sat Sun

8. Mike  S  Sat Sun

9. Gavin S Sat Sun

10. Carlos DS Sat Sun

11. Shady Lui

12. Simon B

The contest will be on Saturday unless the CD has to cancel due to a bad forecast - wind over limit/rain.  We need 8 pilots/4 rounds minimum for a valid league event.  Sunday is the reserve day in the event that Saturday is cancelled as above.  At the moment, it looks like 3 pilots if the event is on Saturday and 4 if Sunday has to be used.

3 hours ago, Paul Gleeson said:

Sunday would be my preference

Paul, 

I am a little confused by this statement.  Does this mean you want to enter only if the comp is on Sunday.  If the forecast remains as it is it is likely it will go ahead on Saturday.

mike c

4 hours ago, BigT said:

Can I bring my new first build DLG along to have it checked over by an expert prior to maiden? 

Yes I am sure someone will give it a once over for you, unfortunately I may be a bit busy CDing and score taking.

33 minutes ago, Paul Gleeson said:

Mike

i could make either day, just call the deadline as normal. Count me in right now. 

Paul

Paul,

That’s great

You are the on the list

22 hours ago, thechalster said:

Yes I am sure someone will give it a once over for you, unfortunately I may be a bit busy CDing and score taking.

Excellent, I’ll PM my details so you can send me the location. 

location details here  and here   (taken from previous years thread).    To quote Lorry.

There are two gates into the site, please close both gates behind you, even if they were open when you got there.

We had 16 entrants last year.   This year we seem to be down on numbers for most comps :(