Midland Winter League F3F 2019/20

Andy_B

An excellent comp at the Mynd. 

Well done to all that survived the day without incident and sorry for those that had plane problems. 

Thanks to Andy & Les for running the comp and special thanks to Bruce, Brett and Andy who spent long spells on the bases after their  planes were grounded which helped relieve the pressure on those flying.

Congratulations to those coming away with PB's. It will be nice to see the Mynd as the venue on the table with those times.

Good to see Tom out in an F3f event again.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Buzz said:

An excellent comp at the Mynd. 

Well done to all that survived the day without incident and sorry for those that had plane problems. 

Thanks to Andy & Les for running the comp and special thanks to Bruce, Brett and Andy who spent long spells on the bases after their  planes were grounded which helped relieve the pressure on those flying.

Congratulations to those coming away with PB's. It will be nice to see the Mynd as the venue on the table with those times.

Good to see Tom out in an F3f event again.

It was nice to be back thanks Paul. There was almost too much enjoyment what with all those walks back up the hill...

I had a few decent flights and a few bad ones. I'm happy considering I've not flown much in the last couple ours years since the baby was born and not any f3f for years.

The modern models are certainly much faster on the course than the older designs. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Round 4 of the Midlands Winter League comps will be held on Saturday 11th January. 

Weather call Friday evening. 

Meeting time 9:30 

If you are going to attend please tick the box in the event calendar. 

• Like 1

Tomorrows race  Saturday 11th is  OFF 

Poor wind direction SSW   and heavy winds at that do not mix well with the slopes available ,add a little rain and I dont think its fair to drag people from all over the country 

Sorry

Andy , Les 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks for letting us know. 

Its a pity but I have flown Ashes with heavy wind up to 40mph in that direction and it was not fun. The bumpy air you get from the slope to the right could lead to lots of carbon being on show. 

Brett

• 4 weeks later...

Next round of the MIDLANDS Winter  F3F League will be on Saturday 8th February,weather call on the Friday evening. 

Hopefully see plenty of you on the day.

• Like 4

Correct call Les.

Hopefully next month. I want to race my new steady in battle against the hot bed of F3F at the Long Mynd.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baldyslapnut said:

Correct call Les.

Hopefully next month. I want to race my new steady in battle against the hot bed of F3F at the Long Mynd.

Are you going to Wales next Sunday if it's on?

Right call Les but it is a pity. Two comps in a row cancelled due to SSW direction is frustrating but nothing we can do about it. 

Thanks for letting us know mate. 

• 4 weeks later...

You are out of luck Brett  😥

XC is showing great conditions for next Saturday, which means . . . . . . .   ⛈️

Sorry, I'll get my coat . . .

• Haha 1

Tomorrow's comp is ON

Meet at Pole Cott for 10am

Wind is ment to be turning SW before midday so hopefully we'll get some good flying in.

See ya all in the morning .

• Like 2