Altimeter suggestions

beamer36m

So my Toro dlg is on the way and I managed to pick up a Spektrum ar410 for the ex element.

I would like an altimeter but which one.

Bluetooth open altimeter seems ok but I'm not sure if the F3k Master software is still the same as it was back in 2017 when I last saw mention of this device in forums.

Alvis nano etc

I'm looking for an altimeter which has a readout which I can simply see the height achieved when I open the pod. I obviously only have 4 channels on the rx so any suggestions.

The Altis Nano has all that you need. A screen to read the height and a true F3K mode to use. 

I couldn’t get mine to fit in my Vibe2 though so I got a cheapie altimeter from HobbyKing. On the plus side it weighs virtually nothing and is very small, but the downside is it doesn’t have a screen so needs uploading to a computer to view the trace. 

Yup. Use the batt port. 

With receivers that only have 4 ports I usually y lead to the rudder. It’s probably just the placebo effect but I guess the rudder is the only control I could comfortably land without. 

Thanks guys...

I was going to use the battery port for 'safety' but the rudder makes sense too... I agree about it being the one control surface I could survive without.

Don’t forget the ar6610T has been announced also (built in alti/vario) just waiting for them to come into stock at HH EU/UK. 

I also just looked at the specs on the Altis stuff, min voltage 4v so if you’re using a 1s lipo idk if they still work reliably down to 3.7v, your readings could be off or something maybe? 

Not my cup of tea, I only fly sailplanes these days (well, I look at them stored in the room as hardly fly anymore) so AS3X is of no use to me anymore. 

I will certainly look into the ar6610T.

£69.99 likely price I would imagine so a future purchase for me but looks very promising.

Decent size/weight etc and 1s suitable.

2 hours ago, Mark Evans said:

Not my cup of tea, I only fly sailplanes these days (well, I look at them stored in the room as hardly fly anymore) so AS3X is of no use to me anymore. 

You could remove all your receivers and replace them with pebbles if all you do is watch them in storage!!!

:drool:

I have a Vortex 3 that only has one of the 2 supplied servo trays tacked CA'd in place. 2pc wing with covers and both carbon and pink glass tails. £600 and it's yours lol.

• Haha 1